• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego OC meet ups? (new to this)

marinedoc

hey all,

I am new to this whole Open Carry thing. I am in the Marine Corps and am originally from Florida and have my Concealed Carry back home. However, since California does not a have a reciprocity agreement with Florida my only option is to open carry here. I have researched and printed out as much info on the topic as I can find so as to be better informed. I am still a little cautious of OC’ing by myself without having done it before though. I was wondering if there were any events/meetings coming up soon where I could meet fellow gun lovers and get better educated.

Thanks

OC KIMBER

hey all,

I am new to this whole Open Carry thing. I am in the Marine Corps and am originally from Florida and have my Concealed Carry back home. However, since California does not a have a reciprocity agreement with Florida my only option is to open carry here. I have researched and printed out as much info on the topic as I can find so as to be better informed. I am still a little cautious of OC’ing by myself without having done it before though. I was wondering if there were any events/meetings coming up soon where I could meet fellow gun lovers and get better educated.

Thanks

Check your PM I sent you some info.

XD5

If you would ever like to get together, myself and a few buddies of mine UOC Escondido and San Marcos regularly. Send me a PM for more info if interested. . . Might be a bit of a drive for you though :uhoh:

Krak

I'm also interested in starting to OC but I'm cautious about doing it alone like the original poster. Can someone PM the info for San Diego meet ups? I would like to start OC'ing and I would like to bring my girlfriend along to get her educated on it (she doesn't like the idea but with some exposure to it I don't think she'll mind). Thanks!

Gundude

I'm also interested in starting to OC but I'm cautious about doing it alone like the original poster. Can someone PM the info for San Diego meet ups? I would like to start OC'ing and I would like to bring my girlfriend along to get her educated on it (she doesn't like the idea but with some exposure to it I don't think she'll mind). Thanks!

There is one tomorrow, Thursday 2/10/2011 starting at 5pm. Outside coffee sip at Cosmo's Coffee Cafe 8278 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, Ca.
Be sure and lock it up on the way in. You will pass within 1000 ft of a school. UOC after you arrive.

Last edited:

Krak

There is one tomorrow, Thursday 2/10/2011 starting at 5pm. Outside coffee sip at Cosmo's Coffee Cafe 8278 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, Ca.
Be sure and lock it up on the way in. You will pass within 1000 ft of a school. UOC after you arrive.

I wouldn't be able to make it until 7pm. How long will the meet up be? or is the next one planned out yet? thanks.

Gundude

I wouldn't be able to make it until 7pm. How long will the meet up be? or is the next one planned out yet? thanks.

The ones I have attended usually last about 2 to 3 hrs. This one may end earlier. It cools off pretty fast after sunset. I don't want to freeze off any of my digits.
Keep watching this forum for others. We usually do one per week.