• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CNN Poll on Magazine Capacity - VOTE NOW! Make Your Voice Heard!

langzaiguy

I hate the idea that by legislating something, you solve the problem. So, wait, all of the sudden, the maniac shooter in AZ will start abiding by law? I hate politicians legislating good intentions.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Why does people do this?????? Are they so obsessed with having something to complain about that they forget that this guy just completely broke numerous laws when he decided to start shooting at people. If he will commit murder, I am almost positive that he wouldnt have a problem with breaking a law about mag. restrictions. This really burns me up. Their are alot of illegal drugs out there that are illegal to possess. But its amazing, people still do, Hundreds a week are getting arrested just right here in my little county in KY. I just cant believe that people get arrested for something that there is a law against. It blows my mind........NOT. Vehicles kill more people every year than firearms by a longshot, but nobody is out there saying we need to outlaw those. Driving isnt even a constitutional right......makes alotta sense. All these people seem to forget that our founding fathers had a deep love for firearms, owning and carrying them at all times. If it wasnt for their love of firearms, we wouldnt be the country we are today, we might not even be a country. No freedoms, no rights. If the media is so ready to take our second amendment rights, then the next one should be our first amendment rights. Then bye bye media.....Maybe we should start a poll asking people if they believe that congress should limit our freedom of speech.....................

KYGlockster

Activist Member
and.......

I heard someone saying they need to do away with open carry because we dont have any training. If there is any anti's reading this, let me tell you a couple things. In KY, to get a concealed license, you watch 7 hrs of video, and shoot 20 rounds at 7 yds. into a circle the size of a 5 gallon bucket. If thats training then its pretty sad. Most leo organizations are only required to qualify with their weapons once a year. Just ONCE. and these guys are out using their weapons on the offensive, pulling them on anyone they deem a threat. Us open carriers pull it when we are being charged with a knife or gun, or we think our life is down right about to end, or that we will get so injured it will cause lifelong problems. As far as training, I would say I get out and shoot atleast 4 times a month, and alot more in the summer. I have read over 40 publications from the best trainers in the world, and I am attending a firearm training institute this spring. I read every gun magazine you could think of, and keep up with every aspect of firearm safety, shoot/no shoot situations, etc. Most of us Open Carriers carry to protect ourselves and our family, and are pretty serious about training. And to exercise a right, that was granted to us by the men who founded this great country, we dont have to have your training if we dont deem it necessary. A firearm takes mostly common sense. The thing between our ears is what makes it safe, or unsafe.

KYT

I completely agree with the above statement, and have nothing to add to it.
Though I would like to exchange "vehicles" with "McDonalds"

Which is more awesome:
1) A really hot girl holding a Grade D meat substitute "burger"
or
2) A really fat girl holding an AR (or other favorite of your choice)

If we ban McDonalds instead, this changes your options, to:
or
2) A really hot girl holding an AR (or other favorite of your choice)

but if you ban guns:
or
2) A really fat girl