Thread: Legislation?

Legislation?

Anybody know if there has been any legislation to lower the CPL age to 18 or at least removing the liquor license PFZ for people who don't have a CPL?

No. No.

See the following for a lawsuit to change FFL Dealer Sales for 18-20 yo persons.

http://www.icarry.org/ftopicp-34291....0895fddb4b5044

Yeah I like the fact they're challening the purchase and carry of a gun in Texas for persons under 21 but by the time at least the carry part might get to Michigan I'll probably be 21.

IMO my opinion the only reason the law exists is that the federal government does not feel that any "civilian" under the age of 21 is responsible enough to make the decision to own a firearm, but at the same time, they realize that in order for our Military to protect America, 18, 19 and 20 year-olds are needed to train to fight any enemy at any time, in my case a 17 years old. In order to do that, they had to make some kind of exception to their law, thus IMO allowing 18-20 years olds to possess or own a gun but in order to make it as hard as they could, restriction from who they can purchase.

I was 17, my 18th birthday was a few days away and I was on leave from the Marines with order to report to Okinawa Japan 1 day after my birthday. I already knew that my Company was heading to Vietnam and by the time I arrived on the rock, I would be the proper age to enter war of 18, which I did in March of that year. My girlfriend, later my wife, later my x-wife and mortal enemy, and I decided to get Married at the Wayne County Court House and was promptly told to come back when "we grew up" that unless she was pregnant it was against State law.... I even showed them my orders and had a local Marine recruiter with me to prove to them I was heading off to war, but no way, the law was the law...........luck prevailed, and I arrived home safely and we got married after my tour, but it would have been nice to have been treated as an adult after all, I was heading off to war!

while my regressions in not about OC OR weapons its is about how the government IMO just does not care about our rights as much as it cares about enforcing its laws.

WE keep voting people into office on change and then once they get in to office most seem to turn a blind eye to everything they ran on and go along with the status-quo. I for one just don't get it!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Yeah it seems to me if I'm old enough to pay taxes and join the military getting a CPL should not be a problem. Look at Indian their age to get a carry permit is 18 and they don't have problems. In Vermont the age is 16 to carry a gun, (open or concealed) and you don't even need a permit. Anyone under 16 can still carry but need parents written permission to do so.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    I'm not aware of any federal law that prohibits an 18 year old from getting a CPL in Michigan. The issue is a Michigan law and it could be changed. It's Michigan legislators that don't want 18 year olds to have CPLs.

Remember 18 olds can possess a handgun in Michigan. the feds restrict 18 year olds from buying handgun ammo and purchases of handguns from a FFL.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Yeah I know there is no federal law obviously because other states allow it at 18. It seems to me if I can legally get a gun and ammo (though someone over 21) I should be able to get a CPL. I can already open carry.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Yeah I know there is no federal law obviously because other states allow it at 18. It seems to me if I can legally get a gun and ammo (though someone over 21) I should be able to get a CPL. I can already open carry.
    And I agree.

Start by getting pro-gun legislators involved. Organize and get other 18-20 year olds involved. A journey of a 1000 miles begins with but a single step.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.