• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pleasant conversation with Metro PC Officer

Nevada carrier

Today I went to my local car detailer. After checking my car in with the attendant, I went inside to pay. As I walk over to the soft drink cooler to grab a Redbull, I notice there is a plain clothed metro officer with his badge and a sub compact Glock on his belt. I've never seen a metro officer carry a sub compact as their primary firearm so I asked him, if he was carrying a G26 or a 27. He politely responded that it was a G26. We talked for about 5 minutes about why we chose to carry the models that we did, I was carrying my Glock 36 at the time. He asked my why I chose to carry a 36 as it has a drastically reduced capacity. I responded that if I can't solve my problem with 7 rounds and another 6 in a spare mag, my problem has probably solved me. I went on to say that many self defense situations are solved with only 1 or 2 rounds if any are even fired at all. He agreed with my logic, and wished me a good and safe day, as I also wished him a good day.

28kfps

I believe part of changing Metros views on open carry does fall back on the legal open carry civilians actions toward Metro. I would say that was some good public relations work. The gun defense statistics I have read over the years do agree with the 1 or 2 rounds.

jfrey123

I can understand a plain clothes officer carrying a sub compact. He might conceal during different parts of his daily duties, and chose to OC with his badge while on 'non-concealed' business.

And kudos to a good, positive contact!