• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not concerned about being arrested - more concerned about being shot!!

CenTex

Most cops in LA are black or hispanic. White cops in LAPD and LASD are the minority.

Just remember that most black people who are crime "victims" are victimized by other black people. I hope that phenomenon does not carry over into law enforcement.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

Cops and Criminals = cut from similar cloth?

I'm a law-abiding citizen, only had one minor run in - detained and searched while riding a bike in a park, age 55, due to an alleged complaint of "going too fast around corners", so I don't have a big axe to grind, but imo, they work around criminals and if they are not soon 'like' them in attitude (i.e. become predatory) they are just the same cut of cloth having gone into LE instead of a life of crime.

So when people talk about 'tiny percentages' of bad cops I have to laugh. I'd say there are tiny percentages of good cops who do their job for good motives and have no agenda except to protect and serve. These few good cops are often stuck doing bad things in order to stay within the 'blue line', as well, looking the other way.

It's strictly a 'them versus us' mentality and they have great difficulty separating the citizen from the predator and try to treat both the same.

$.02

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
So when people talk about 'tiny percentages' of bad cops I have to laugh. I'd say there are tiny percentages of good cops who do their job for good motives and have no agenda except to protect and serve. These few good cops are often stuck doing bad things in order to stay within the 'blue line', as well, looking the other way.

It's strictly a 'them versus us' mentality and they have great difficulty separating the citizen from the predator and try to treat both the same.

$.02
Yup. I have nothing but respect for the few cops who truly have no agenda but to protect and serve, and manage to keep their job. It requires a monumental effort in denial, however, to pretend that these are anything but a tiny minority.