• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO Interaction

sg_pilot

This just took place not 45 minutes ago outside a laundromat parking lot in Washington, UT. I was sitting in the parking lot at about 12:30 a.m. and I see a Washington City Police Officer pass by and eyeball me as I was sitting in my car watching Hulu on my laptop, with my lights off, in the parking lot. He flies up the street and I had a slight feeling he would flip around and come check me out, and he did, right as I was walking back into the laundromat to check the driers.

(Officer pulls into parking lot quickly, and opens his door without any pause)

Me: Hey, hows it going?
Officer: Pretty good. Watcha up to tonight?
Me: Uh, waiting for laundry while watching Hulu.
Officer: Oh yeah?
(Officer walks around my car towards me, my car is separating the two of us)
Me: I'm carrying right now, just so you know. (He couldn't see my waist just yet)
Officer: Oh yeah? In the open? (Looks down, doesn't look or act surprised in the slightest)
Me: Yup!
Officer: How long have you been doing that for?
Me: Oh, probably a couple months now.
Officer: Howcome? For protection, or...
Me: Basically because I can. (Smile)
Officer: So you're doing laundry, huh? Why here?
Me: This is the closest one to my place.
Officer: You live here in Washington?
Me: No, in St. George.
Officer: Well alright. It's good to see people carrying. Have a good one!
Me: You too!

I watched him look at my license plate as he left, no doubt to run my information.

Washington City Police have been known around this area to be incredibly nosy, rude, and overbearing, but I felt like this officer was pretty well informed about the legality of carrying, and all the inquisitions in between about what I was doing, etc. was slightly understandable because of the time, but still a little much. I've had local law enforcement look at me funny from their cars before, but this is the first LEO I've ever had speak with me about it, however lightly and not 'just because' I was carrying.

I found it to be quite a positive experience!

CARRY ON!

:)

Last edited:

Jared

This just took place not 45 minutes ago outside a laundromat parking lot in Washington, UT. I was sitting in the parking lot at about 12:30 a.m. and I see a Washington City Police Officer pass by and eyeball me as I was sitting in my car watching Hulu on my laptop, with my lights off, in the parking lot. He flies up the street and I had a slight feeling he would flip around and come check me out, and he did, right as I was walking back into the laundromat to check the driers.

(Officer pulls into parking lot quickly, and opens his door without any pause)

Me: Hey, hows it going?
Officer: Pretty good. Watcha up to tonight?
Me: Uh, waiting for laundry while watching Hulu.
Officer: Oh yeah?
(Officer walks around my car towards me, my car is separating the two of us)
Me: I'm carrying right now, just so you know. (He couldn't see my waist just yet)
Officer: Oh yeah? In the open? (Looks down, doesn't look or act surprised in the slightest)
Me: Yup!
Officer: How long have you been doing that for?
Me: Oh, probably a couple months now.
Officer: Howcome? For protection, or...
Me: Basically because I can. (Smile)
Officer: So you're doing laundry, huh? Why here?
Me: This is the closest one to my place.
Officer: You live here in Washington?
Me: No, in St. George.
Officer: Well alright. It's good to see people carrying. Have a good one!
Me: You too!

I watched him look at my license plate as he left, no doubt to run my information.

Washington City Police have been known around this area to be incredibly nosy, rude, and overbearing, but I felt like this officer was pretty well informed about the legality of carrying, and all the inquisitions in between about what I was doing, etc. was slightly understandable because of the time, but still a little much. I've had local law enforcement look at me funny from their cars before, but this is the first LEO I've ever had speak with me about it, however lightly and not 'just because' I was carrying.

I found it to be quite a positive experience!

CARRY ON!

:)

Could have been worse. I would have not spoke to him except for a friendly good morning or good afternoon. If he asked what I am doing something along the line of "I don't wish to discuss my itinerary with you" If the officer persists I would just say "if I am being accused of a crime I wish to remain silent and would like an attorney, otherwise I would like to go"