• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Moore has done it again.

Pace

I disagree with about 70% of what Michael Moore believes in, but honestly, he is very smart on what he does. Honestly, you are doing what he does- attack the guy instead of the actual conversation.

He's wrong because most gun laws in this country were created specifically at one time to keep guns OUT of the Hands of Minorities.

Here's a video from Michael Moore, you know that fat film maker that gets grants from US to make films breading hate and discontent. Thought you all might like to see it. Because it made my neck hairs stand up.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/michael-moore-people-own-guns-because-theyre-fearful-racists/

Pace

lol, who cares the reason. there is the constitution. who cares what mm says, you say. i follow the 2a.

I'll give up my gun when this country gains a history of zero violence and the cops no longer carry theirs.

On another point even if Moor's bs statistic of 500 home invasions a year was true, who wants to take a chance on being one of those 500.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I saw that tombstone in boothill in tombstone az.

2983556220_30acdc07fb_z.jpg

In Boot Hill cemetery in Tombstone, Arizona there stands a wooden grave marker that bears the inscription: HERE LIES LESTER MOORE
FOUR SLUGS FROM A .44
NO LES
NO MORE
No one doubts this marker really can be found in Boot Hill cemetery. What people doubt is whether Lester Moore was a real person. Information supplied by the cemetery identifies Moore as a Wells Fargo agent who was shot during a dispute with a man over a package. However, historians have been unable to locate any record of such a man.
In Wild and Wooly: An Encyclopedia of the Old West, Denis McLoughlin writes: “The aroma of the prankster emanates from this plot of ground, no date of death accompanies the verse, and had the latter originated during Tombstone’s lead-swapping period, ‘four balls from a .44’ would have been apt for the time.”
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/Hoaxipedia/Tombstone_Humor/

Gunslinger

Let's see if I can say something without offending the delicate, PC sensibilities of the Moderators for a change.

moore is the Goebbles of the left. Tell a big enough lie and the unwashed will start to believe it is his mantra. He is an ugly, obese, pos who amuses himself by thinking he is more intelligent than those to whom he aims his pile of dog crap "documentaries" at. I wouldn't dignify anything he says with a review thereof. He and msnbc are like something you step on in a gutter. Disgusting, but easy enough to scrape off your boot.

Last edited:

Dreamer

The evocation of "Godwins Law" is the last refuge of those who have no rational, truthful, or logical way to defend against the facts of history, and must resort to emotional hyperbole as a rhetorical tactic...

"Godwins Law" is a logical fallacy, and deserves no place in intelligent debate.

I deny it's power, ignore it's validity, and shun it's application.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The evocation of "Godwins Law" is the last refuge of those who have no rational, truthful, or logical way to defend against the facts of history, and must resort to emotional hyperbole as a rhetorical tactic...

"Godwins Law" is a logical fallacy, and deserves no place in intelligent debate.

I deny it's power, ignore it's validity, and shun it's application.

Ouch!

I haven't gotten quite that far in my rejection, but I can understand your point.

For myself, it just seemed natural that people would link objectionable ideas to commonly known objectionable characters. We've been trained since 1946 about these monsters; so what's the big surprise if someone brings them up? I imagine PolPot and the Khymer Rouge turn up in Cambodian arguments. Similarly, I'll bet Uncle Joe (Stalin) turns up in political discussions in villages on the Russian steppes this week.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I am in no way saying that blacks are not intellectually sound. But, I will point out FBI statistics which have many black men who are violent criminals. Is this a sociological issue, very much so...but it is also a breeding issue IMO. I believe that the past 130+ years that breeding has stopped has allowed for the black to regain the intellectual aspect of breeding to a certain extent. This is one of those deeply taboo things that we do not talk about in America. The first sign of or utterance of what I have posted is typically met with an accusation of being racist.

If pointing out historical realities is racist, than I am a big time racist:eek:

Ummm I would have to disagree. The crime statistics you pointed out left out one glaring thing, single mothers. 90% of all criminals are born out of wed-lock, Black or white. So if you were to look at prisoners from this perspective genes had nothing to do with it. The reason we have more black criminals seems to be more black single mothers. Also left out is how much more people of color are profiled, stopped, etc.

The one single factor of the huge drop in crime in the '90's? Abortion. A great study by economist Stephen Dubner and Steven Levit. Nothing to do with genetics.

This type of thinking that they were bread dumb is the same stupid thinking I see many people of the "north" have that folks in the south are dumb hicks. Just plain illogical. Any other factor of pointing to ethnic background for reason of intelligence is just Bologna.

Just like the Asian kid sitting next to you isn't smarter than the other kids, the fact that his parents force him to study and do his work, and "expect" him to perform have more to do with anything than genetics.

Hey Maybe it was the genetic white blood from slave owners, propensity for sleeping with their female slaves. :p

............--Moderator Note--
Racial, ethnic background or similar posts reflecting ANY negativity are NOT allowed - no discussion, the rules are clear!
"Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior."

Gunslinger

Godwin's Law.

You're way off base. moore isn't a nazi, nor did I call him one, the characterization of Goebbles has been broached by the leftwing against Republicans. Turnabout is fair play on that level; the matching of one propagandist with another is fair play on any level. I'm surprised at you.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
............--Moderator Note--
Racial, ethnic background or similar posts reflecting ANY negativity are NOT allowed - no discussion, the rules are clear!
"Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior."

SVG's post struck me as particularly non-racist.

..........--Moderator Reply--
Not to disagree - warning was intended to be generic.

eye95

You're way off base. moore isn't a nazi, nor did I call him one, the characterization of Goebbles has been broached by the leftwing against Republicans. Turnabout is fair play on that level; the matching of one propagandist with another is fair play on any level. I'm surprised at you.

Gunslinger said:
moore is the Goebbles of the left.

Moving on.