Thread: We need video and still pics

We need video and still pics

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    We need each of you that open carry to start having someone record with video or still photos of you out in public. It is critical as evidence in our battle against AB144 (Open Carry Ban) that we have these. Feel free to post them here or email them to me! Thanks!

The purpose is to counter arguments that claim that police always MUST show up to open carry, and that the general public is freaked out by open carry. We know that these claims are not true, but we need hard evidence.

summit them here, at Responsible Citizens of California
    http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/

or email below

Are the current YouTube videos being used for this?
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    Are the current YouTube videos being used for this?
    Most current youtube videos are of confrontations. NOT helpful to fighting AB144.

We need videos and pictures of regular BORING open carry.

Oh, gotcha...sounds good...
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

How about ones like this with some bicycle police in the background. These police officers didn't even come talk to us.

I have about 2 or 3 hrs of video/audio from the meetup in Santee a couple of weeks ago. Mostly showing some OC'ers eating. An LEO showed up looking for some guy that was following some women around. He wasn't interested in doing an (e) check. Here is one from a meetup at the USS Midway.
    Looking forward to the next one.
    Last edited by Gundude; 01-20-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    Most current youtube videos are of confrontations. NOT helpful to fighting AB144.

We need videos and pictures of regular BORING open carry.
    Harley check my video on RCC it has a positive encounter. "LEO can learn"
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Encounter with OPD today short and sweet!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EANwkl0aQ6U
    I have another one that I filmed today at the Oceanside Farmers Market I will put it up so that you can use it after my class today. It is 10mins of me walking thru the crowd and nobody freaked out and the gun stayed in the holster, imagine that
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson