• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need video and still pics

Iopencarry

ANNOUNCEMENT:
We need each of you that open carry to start having someone record with video or still photos of you out in public. It is critical as evidence in our battle against AB144 (Open Carry Ban) that we have these. Feel free to post them here or email them to me! Thanks!

The purpose is to counter arguments that claim that police always MUST show up to open carry, and that the general public is freaked out by open carry. We know that these claims are not true, but we need hard evidence.

summit them here, at Responsible Citizens of California
http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/

or email below

Devilinbp

How about ones like this with some bicycle police in the background. These police officers didn't even come talk to us.

FamilyPictures257.jpg

Gundude

I have about 2 or 3 hrs of video/audio from the meetup in Santee a couple of weeks ago. Mostly showing some OC'ers eating. An LEO showed up looking for some guy that was following some women around. He wasn't interested in doing an (e) check. Here is one from a meetup at the USS Midway.
Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:

Firemark

Most current youtube videos are of confrontations. NOT helpful to fighting AB144.

We need videos and pictures of regular BORING open carry.

Harley check my video on RCC it has a positive encounter. "LEO can learn"

IYAOYAS

Encounter with OPD today short and sweet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EANwkl0aQ6U
I have another one that I filmed today at the Oceanside Farmers Market I will put it up so that you can use it after my class today. It is 10mins of me walking thru the crowd and nobody freaked out and the gun stayed in the holster, imagine that :banana: