• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE Monitors Needed

protias

The funny thing is, I was going to made a thread titled, "WAVE's lie of the day." I wish I had access to facebook during the work day, but I do not. Perhaps it is a good thing so I actually do work...and OCDO when I have some down time.

I'll try to post their lies at night when I am able.

protias

Their latest farce!

[video=youtube;4AzJRSY_BqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AzJRSY_BqA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Way to lump private sales with illegally obtained firearms. I can't think of a criminal who would purchase from someone in a private sale than on the street.

protias

http://newtrajectory.blogspot.com/2011/01/alternatives-to-gun-ownership-for-home.html

In other words, a gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to harm someone.

I guess they never read http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/5.1/gun-facts-5.1-press.pdf

"if anyone in the household has a history of violence or felony conviction"

I could be wrong, but if someone is a felon, firearms cannot be in the same place as them. I don't think someone with a history of criminal violence can have one either.

"if there are children of any age in the home (even if the gun is stored locked and unloaded, children typically know combinations and where keys are kept -- The National Violent Injury Statistics System, p. 2)."

Yes, because children have never stopped a burglar! :banghead:

"
if anyone in the household is emotionally unstable, depressed, or has expressed thoughts of suicide (Keeping a firearm in the home increases the risk of suicide by a factor of 3 to 5 and increases the risk of suicide with a firearm by a factor of 17 (Kellermann, 1992, p. 467, p. Wiebe, p. 771)."

If someone is suicidal, there are many other ways to kill yourself.

"
if your family has a history of problems with guns"

I have several family members who have "problems with guns," that's why I'm armed and they choose to live in a fantasy world.

"Be aware. If you see something suspicious, react. Go inside. Lock the door. Call the police. Call your neighbors."

So wait 35 minutes?

"Insure that all doors and windows have strong locks, and that you use them whenever possible. Be judicious about who has keys to your home."

Yes, because there is no way to break a door down or break a window! :banghead:

"
Purchase and use a home security system, and advertise the fact with exterior signs. These systems can be costly, but well worth the price."

Guns are cheaper and more effect to stopping a bad guy.

"
If a home security system is not within your budget, you can still purchase signs to fool would-be intruders. You can also install inexpensive magnet-alarms for windows and doors. Most burglars wouldn't know the difference."

Yes, because security systems always stop criminals. :rolleyes:

"
Get a dog and advertise the fact that you have it. If a dog is not a reasonable choice for your household, you can still put a used dog bowl and leash near your door, along with signs, to fool intruders."

Criminals will just shoot the dog, then what?

"
Know your neighbors, talk with them regularly, and keep an eye on each other's homes. Share phone numbers so you can call each other if there is anything suspicious. Notify them of your schedule, particularly if you are going away on vacation. Your neighbors and you don't have to be best buddies, but if you just introduce yourself and show you are more than just "that guy next to me" they'll be more likely to react if they see someone suspicious around your property."

What will your neighbor do? He's not required to do anything. Is he going to call the police and wait for an hour?

"Remove privacy fences or large hedges that impede sight of your doors and windows from the road. We all like privacy, but it allows intruders to enter unseen."

How does this stop an intruder from getting into the house?

"Install motion-sensing lights outside your home, back and front."

Good idea, but how does this stop the intruder?

"
Start or join a neighborhood watch program for your block, and be active in it."

Nothing but a feel good attempt at being safe.

"
Many local police forces have programs where, if you request it, they will patrol your property more often while you are away on vacation, or will patrol more often if you have a reason to feel threatened."

Yes, wait for the police to arrive.

protias

From the world of dangerous fantasies, I present to you Arizona state legislator Jack Harper: "When everyone is carrying a firearm, nobody is going to be a victim."
Now, where did I hear that before? Ah, yes, it was an interview with a gang member.

What gang member interview what this Jeri?

Oh, and when a law abiding citizen carries, the criminals are less likely going to go after that hard target.