• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A bill that would ban 80% of all guns.

lowlux

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.308:

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/ind...55&itemid=1719

Any gun that holds 10 or more rounds would be banned from ownership.
That means my CZ82 would be banned, which it holds 12 rounds! My 22 rifle would be banned it holds 15, My shotgun would be banned..... 80% or more guns in the USA would be banned............

We need to vote these people out!
the following 42 House members are original co-sponsors of the bill as of the afternoon of Jan. 18:

Rep. Gary Ackerman

Rep. Robert Brady

Rep. Steve Cohen

Rep. Judy Chu

Rep. David Cicilline

Rep. William Lacy Clay

Rep. Gerald Connolly

Rep. John Conyers

Rep. Donna Edwards

Rep. Keith Ellison

Rep. Anna Eshoo

Rep. Sam Farr

Rep. Jane Harman

Rep. Alcee Hastings

Rep. Jim Himes

Rep. Mazie Hirono

Rep. Chris Van Hollen

Rep. Rush Holt

Rep. Mike Honda

Rep. Steve Israel

Rep. James Langevin

Rep. Nita Lowey

Rep. Carolyn Maloney

Rep. Doris Matsui

Rep. Betty McCollum

Rep. Jim McGovern

Rep. Gregory Meeks

Rep. George Miller

Rep. James Moran

Rep. Jerrold Nadler

Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton

Rep. Bill Pascrell

Rep. Chellie Pingree

Rep. Mike Quigley

Rep. Jose Serrano

Rep. Brad Sherman

Rep. Jackie Spear

Rep. Louise Slaughter

Rep. John Yarmuth

Rep. Henry Waxman

Rep. Maxine Waters

Rep. Anthony Weiner

Last edited:

architect

I may just be missing something. But from my reading it would only ban the magazine not the firearm itself.... Unless the firearm held the rounds not the device in which case I'd be unsure if it'd cover it or not.

A magazine is not necessarily removable. Many firearms have fixed magazines of a capacity greater than 10 rounds. I don't see how they would not be covered by this bill.

The bill exempts firearms/magazines possessed before its enactment, buying and selling anything manufactured before passage would not be prohibited. But you can bet the onus of proving date of manufacture would not be on the govt.

Bad bill, serves no purpose other than to boost the sponsor's anti-gun creds. Needs to be killed.

suntzu

and OF COURSE this piece of garbage legislation would "exempt" law enforcement whether on or off duty...

this is ridiculous.

lowlux

what we need to job is vote these nut jobs out, get everyone you know to vote these nazis out!

Ruby

The only ones who can vote these people out are the people residing in the states they represent. Highly unlikely since most of them were just voted in last year during last year's election. The Republicans have a majority in the House so this bill is most likely going nowhere. I think it's nothing more than political posturing to look good for their constituents.

CenTex

Will you please watch your vitriolic speech? How dare you?

[sarcasm off]

How about this, then? Needs to be thoroughly slaughtered and burned.

This is just another bite out of freedom and rights.

jsimmons

Gunslinger

255 members of the House are A or A+ rated by NRA. Including the chairman of the committee this has to go through. A non-starter typical ******* liberal show piece.

Gunslinger

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.308:

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/ind...55&itemid=1719

Any gun that holds 10 or more rounds would be banned from ownership.
That means my CZ82 would be banned, which it holds 12 rounds! My 22 rifle would be banned it holds 15, My shotgun would be banned..... 80% or more guns in the USA would be banned............

We need to vote these people out!
the following 42 House members are original co-sponsors of the bill as of the afternoon of Jan. 18:

Rep. Gary Ackerman

Rep. Robert Brady

Rep. Steve Cohen

Rep. Judy Chu

Rep. David Cicilline

Rep. William Lacy Clay

Rep. Gerald Connolly

Rep. John Conyers

Rep. Donna Edwards

Rep. Keith Ellison

Rep. Anna Eshoo

Rep. Sam Farr

Rep. Jane Harman

Rep. Alcee Hastings

Rep. Jim Himes

Rep. Mazie Hirono

Rep. Chris Van Hollen

Rep. Rush Holt

Rep. Mike Honda

Rep. Steve Israel

Rep. James Langevin

Rep. Nita Lowey

Rep. Carolyn Maloney

Rep. Doris Matsui

Rep. Betty McCollum

Rep. Jim McGovern

Rep. Gregory Meeks

Rep. George Miller

Rep. James Moran

Rep. Jerrold Nadler

Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton

Rep. Bill Pascrell

Rep. Chellie Pingree

Rep. Mike Quigley

Rep. Jose Serrano

Rep. Brad Sherman

Rep. Jackie Spear

Rep. Louise Slaughter

Rep. John Yarmuth

Rep. Henry Waxman

Rep. Maxine Waters

Rep. Anthony Weiner

Add Obooba, schumer, Hanoi John kerry, the Kalifornia senate scanks, biden and the Arkansas sow and this could be a list of the biggest ****** in Washington. I apologize to any I left off the list. Just go down the democrap listings and they're easy enough to add.

MKEgal

I already emailed my rep about this, telling her I wanted her to speak & vote against the bill.
I don't expect her to, but I've tried.

30) The term "large capacity ammunition feeding device"
(A) means a magazine... that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition
So my Glock 9mm would be suspect, and RAS for a stop & search to make sure that my magazines weren't dated after the ban. (Part of the bill says that manufacturers would have to date stamp or serial # everything made post-ban.) The lowest capacity Glock 9mm magazine made (AFAIK) is a 10-round, which is easily converted to 12 with a +2 baseplate.

architect said:
...you can bet the onus of proving date of manufacture would not be on the govt.
See above - the bill requires the manufacturers to date stamp their post-ban goods.

suntzu said:
and OF COURSE this piece of garbage legislation would "exempt" law enforcement whether on or off duty.
I didn't see that in there.
The only LEO exemption it includes is one for retired LEOs who are otherwise allowed to posess guns & ammo, then it's OK for them to have post-ban-manufactured "high-capacity" magazines.
A slip? Wanna bet that if it doesn't die in committee an exemption for on-duty LEOs is added?

Or is the provision allowing posession (but not transfer) of pre-ban goods good enough to cover LEOs at work? Wonder how that would work... probably the magazines are owned by the department, & lent to officers on duty. Would that be considered transfer?

Last edited:

Pace

Eh, while I disagree with the bill, the bill does not ban those guns. It bans the standard aka "high cap" versions of the magazines, not the gun. Whatever stupid radio-show or website you got this from obviously can't read the actual bill. Stop drinking the cool-aid.

Again, the bill really damn stupid, but the solution incase its passed (which it will not be) is to get a 10rd magazine.

You can't vote those people out, they aren't in districts that give a **** about guns.

Last edited: