• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of the best LEO encounters possible

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
This could only be improved upon by them shaking your hand and thanking you for carrying. Thanks for posting the positive interaction!

CenTex

Next time, photo the officer. I think I did catch a little bit of red. Was that her?

Last edited:

Gooelf

Just to Clarify it was a female officer, and she asked if it was loaded, then continued on her way when you replied no ma'am?

Rich Keagy

Were you in the company of a woman or girl?
This is usually interpreted as 'not intent on criminal activity'. Guys don't take their girlfriends when they rob liquor stores or otherwise anticipate violence.
I never get a second look when having lunch / dinner, or other times out in public with my wife or daughter.
One cop drove right past wife and me while walking our dogs with my wife. He never even slowed down. Just kept on keepin' on.
I carry a 1911, he must have seen it.
Maybe my thinking is old fashioned, I don't know.

Iopencarry

Rich, your thinking may be spot on.

No matter who you talk to, everyone profiles. You can be a gang banging punk and dress like a lawyer and they will leave you alone if you act the part.

or you can be the best lawyer in town, and dress like a gang punk and get stopped.

Last edited:

IYAOYAS

This is usually interpreted as 'not intent on criminal activity'. Guys don't take their girlfriends when they rob liquor stores or otherwise anticipate violence.
I never get a second look when having lunch / dinner, or other times out in public with my wife or daughter.
One cop drove right past wife and me while walking our dogs with my wife. He never even slowed down. Just kept on keepin' on.

No I wasn't with a girl friend I was just walking by myself like I do everyday.

xnetc9

i dunno what you talking about, but me and my gf were held at machine gun point while uoc.