• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup Gun Show Help Jan 22nd / 23rd

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Washington Open Carry has paid for a table this weekend but I have prior weekend plans and cannot attend the show nor do the setup on Friday. I have all the table supplies if someone is willing to pick them up. My contact info is in my profile (voice & text is ok).

Update:
Friday Setup:
Done

Saturday:
GoGo Dawgs & Deros will man the table on Saturday

Sunday:

Goose, Ani, Tom Brewster

Last edited:

Flanders007

T-Shirts 4 Troops!

I will be there...

Copied from OT: I LOVE GUNS & COFFEE thread:

As a note to everyone else, please stop by the OCDO booth this weekend at the WAC show in Puallup. Come get your tshirts and stickers! YES STICKERS ARE IN! $4 each.

Hoodies are in too! $30 each. They come in Ash (light grey) and Black.

Lastly, I wanted to thank everyone for their support! As a token of my appreciation, I am going to pay it forward! This weekend, all proceeds from t-shirts will go to send t-shirts to our troops overseas. I have already sent one care package myself... cost was about $20 shipping for 4 tshirts... but I want to send more... and I could use your help! If you have not already picked up a tshirt, or you want to get one for a friend or family member, this is a great time to stop by the OCDO booth to pick one up. I am hoping OCDO/I LOVE GUNS & COFFEE can raise $500. $500 will be more than enough to send a whole care package to some FOB's over in Afganistan and Iraq. Regardless of our personal/political feelings... we must remember that our service men and women are following orders... the least we can do is to help put a smile on their faces... if only for a moment... and remind them that we are all praying for their safe return. Why should their geographical location prevent them from sharing in our LOVE for GUNS & COFFEE!!!

So come on by the OCDO booth, get your tshirts ($15ea) and NEW stickers ($4ea) and help put a smile on the faces of our men and women in uniform!!!

God Bless!

Flanders

DEROS72

I will be there with Nick all day saturday.Ed is going to come help out saturday for a while as well.I will work sunday all day if I can get transport.Nick Is helping with my ride saturday to which I am grateful.I went to my cardiologist today and my EKG was not good. So I'll be there with a heart monitor all weekend.It's really small so you won't even know I have it.Anyway when I saw my heart doc the first words out of his mouth were "hey isn't the gun show this weekend?".He said he will probably be there this time. And don't anyone dare tell Flanders I was wearing one of his shirts the other day.I'll never hear the end of it.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Washington Open Carry has paid for a table this weekend but I have prior weekend plans and cannot attend the show nor do the setup on Friday. I have all the table supplies if someone is willing to pick them up. My contact info is in my profile (voice & text is ok).

Update:
Friday Setup:
I still need volunteers to setup the table

Saturday:
GoGo Dawgs & Deros will man the table on Saturday

Sunday:

I still need volunteers to man and tear down the table

I look forward to hanging with Deros all day on Saturday. We have a great time, chatting OC to all the gun owners.... stop on by and say hello, ask questions and buy something....I just might!

DEROS72

GoGo and I always have a good time there talking with folks and shopping for pouches.GoGo is pretty good at taking on those that come by and want to argue against open carry.We have one fellow that seems to show up every show to argue the point.He has yet to come up with a logical argument that Nick can't take apart. See you guys tomorrow. We will also be passing out the announcements for the 2 A rally as well.Get folks to start planning for that.

I'll also fill you in about the fellows from NEw York that Paddy ,Jeff and I ran into today.Quite the encounter.Very positive.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Very busy today...

From 8am to when I left at about 3pm we had given out well over 200 pamphlets and had many good conversations with gun owners. And of course a few strange ones.

One thing that I noticed today was that there were 3 or 4 people bring up the Vancouver cases as it was in this month's edition of the Gun News that the WAC puts out. Their take on it was somewhat negative, so I will have to re read the article.

DEROS72

That was the busiest Iv'e seen it in a while.As GoGo said we passed out alot of pamphlets and talked to alot of of folks.Some of the most common comments I got were "yeah it may be legal but the cops hassle you" They are quite surprised when they see some iof the pics and here our experiences.
One goof i was talking to was saying that he new it was legal but all the different city ordances will get you in trouble.Especially where he lived in Moses Lake where he said they had gun ban signs in the city parks. I was getting a little preturbed.I explained State preemption, that we have been instumental in getting many cities to take the signs down.Also about the Seattle ban and how it was defeated.Why don't they fight that out there as well?
HEres what really chapped my a$$.He said it wasn't worth the hassle so he and his friends leave there guns at home.I really have a problem with people like that ,cowards that won't take a stand because it might be a hassle.Even when its right.They let the politicians DICTATE as they bow and cower to their percieved authority.Yet these are sometimes the ones that bitch the loudest when they loose their rights.Makes me more thankful for the people I hang with.

We had a great bunch helping and stopping by,GoGo who no one out logics.Paddy,Ed the new guy who did a super job first time doing the table.Flanders moving mountains of shirts and stickers.KWIEBE stopped by,Triggerdoc,Phoneguy,and of course Squeak who just sat in his underwear and scratched.Somefolks found that odd.HE won a new gun ya know...he'll tell you!:lol:

The Chaplin for the Des Moines police happened to stop by.He asked me if we ever had problems with their officers.I said no .He said its because of our efforts,the defeat of the parks ban training bulletins and all the rest has convinced them to basically leave us be.Also he said Tom Brewster's incident had a great infuence on the way they conduct themselves with open carry.So as you can see all of you are making a huge impact in keeping our Constitutional rights.

Dave Workman who said he will again speak at our 2A rally.

Yeah ,I get to hang with some awesome folks.....It's one of the things that keep me going.
Was a good day!

Last edited:

DEROS72

I wonder where we would be if the folks that stood up agaist the Brits would have said,Well you know I have a family so I don't want to cause problems ,I may get fired.You know taking on the British could be a big hassle and we may end up in front of a firing squad .These guys are the first Veterans.Folks think they wrote the Declaration of independence and it was done.It took11 years to win the freedoms we have.These guys left their families,their farms,their shops for years knowing they may never see it all again.But they never ever quit because it was a hassle or they might get arrested or whatever.
Many in this state ,not just open carry have been to court and dealt with hassles to keep our rights.Not to mention those oversees now who put it all on the line.Or those of us Vets here just on this board that lived in horrid conditions away from our families protecting those freedoms. How dare anyone do less!
The parks gun ban was defeated and Seattle had to take down their signs.So if you go to a park armed in Moses Lake for ex.so what if a cop hassles you.You have precedent on your side.Some of these cops count on people just caving in because they are all about their own egos and agendas.One can say no to an officer! If one is carrying and a cop asked for ID because you are carrying and no crime has been commited ,why would you show him ID.It's non of their business who we are.
As far as folks saying it scares them..SO!
So lets all stand up for our right to bear arms or loose it.

I guess we'll go to Moses Lake and have a big gathering in one of the parks.We had a gathering in Vancouver at a park as we walked by the gun ban signs.The LE their didn't say anything.

Notice m1gunr leaning on the park sign that said guns are banned.And Gray holding one of the signs taken down from Seattle parks. So why again would someone disarm before going to the park in Moses Lake???
Attached Thumbnails