Thread: Concealed carry scheduled to be discussed tomorrow morning AM1290 WMCS 8 AM

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Concealed carry scheduled to be discussed tomorrow morning AM1290 WMCS 8 AM

http://www.1290wmcs.com/

Concealed carry scheduled to be discussed tomorrow morning 8AM AM1290 WMCS

Listen online at the link above. Hour-long show with call-in.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I will be listening and have the iPhone ready to call in.

Someone please have the download link so I can listen to it later.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

taking phone calls now. call in and chat!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    taking phone calls now. call in and chat!
    Erghhh... I missed a whole bunch when my boss came in...
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Tell you boss you have more important things to do!

Its an interesting discussion so far. Host is admittedly very anti-carry.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    I just found this post, and tuned in with only 5 minutes left.

And already the host sounds like an ignorant douchenozzle arguing with the caller

I liked the "it is all the corporations fault" caller.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

I love how I stumped him when I asked "if you have a right to life" (which he agreed) "how can you not have a right to defend that life."

his response "i'll have to get back to you on that one"

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    I liked the "it is all the corporations fault" caller.
    indeed. the 'perpetual victim' mentality is very strong amongst that audience.

"the man" is always to blame.

I liked it when you stumped him too! I was thinking to myself, (about the host) did he really just say that?

He really tried to dwell on the caller who was basically trying to say "its my god given right to self defense" but didnt use the best wording to clarify it, and it seemed like the host cut him off? I'm glad you were able to point that out. Unfortunately, more of what we already knew, the sheep will be sheep and they think everyone is gonna shoot eachother. I hope they never have to defend themselves or their family.

Also interesting to see (hear) what some people really think of the constitution.

That is why its important to (as the called John (wci member) pointed out, make the constitution doesn't give us rights it only guarantees rights we already have as human beings)

People may indeed question the interpretation of the constitution in isolation. But if you read the constitution in consideration of the concepts discussed by its authors you see that 'natural law' does indeed supersede governments.

Government doesn't make it "wrong" to punch someone in the face for no reason, human dignity and respect for your fellow man makes it wrong.

Is there a download link yet?

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Tell you boss you have more important things to do!

Its an interesting discussion so far. Host is admittedly very anti-carry.
    LOL... He left but I didn't get a call through. I wanted to take the rights angle with the host. I also wanted to ask him: "what would bring you around to the gun rights side of the debate?" I think that would be telling in that he is set in his ways and wouldn't agree no matter what facts and statistics said.

Also, a couple of opportunities I believe were missed.

1. If they believe that crime rates don't go down enough to allow CC I think it's important to note that the types of crimes; however, do change drastically. There is a shift away from violent crimes to more nonviolent types.

2. There was a missed opportunity to point out that the crime rate among concealed carriers is exponentially lower than the crime rate among the average citizen.

That being said; Nik, good job as usual!
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 01-21-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Anyone have a recording of this?

Government doesn't make it "wrong" to punch someone in the face for no reason, human dignity and respect for your fellow man makes it wrong.
    WOW - thank you for saying that. That's the first time I've heard/read something that I've believed for so long. Government is not a substitute for a moral compass.

interpret of constitution

Mosst people treat the constitution as they do the bible, only subscribing to those portions that best support their personal lifestyle. Neither document is of full value unless applied in total.

Also interesting to see (hear) what some people really think of the constitution.
    People never cease to amaze me when they open their mouth and crash their vocal folds together in the attempt to convey premeditated thought and understanding.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 01-23-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info