Thread: Firearms Registration (HB5800)

Firearms Registration (HB5800)

Lots of firearms bills came out today..some good..some bad...saw nothing on open carry or Mag Cap Limit..

This one though is a joke...Hitler is smiling in his grave

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillsta...hich_year=2011

AN ACT REQUIRING REGISTRATION OF ALL FIREARMS.

To require registration of all firearms.

Seriously??? I'm sorry but doesn't the DPS do this already when the dealer calls and gets an authorization number to sell you ANY gun. The dealer submits paperwork with the serial number and type of weapon as well as receives an OK from DPS prior to the sale so what exactly will this do other than waste time and money

They do...but I am not sure when this started...but you can buy long guns out of state or privately in CT...you can move into CT with guns and they have no record...they should have no record anyways..but its the mindset of a tyrant....I will send an email to the PS&S Committee on this but I am not sure it will even get a hearing..

In case anyone wants an email list of PS&S Comm..

Hartley@senatedems.ct.gov; Stephen.Dargan@cga.ct.gov; Ed.Jutila@cga.ct.gov; Anthony.Guglielmo@cga.ct.gov; Janice.Giegler@housegop.ct.gov; al.adinolfi@housegop.ct.gov; Penny.Bacchiochi@housegop.ct.gov; Betty.Boukus@cga.ct.gov; Charles.Clemons@cga.ct.gov; christopher.davis@housegop.ct.gov; Lou.Esposito@cga.ct.gov; Minnie.Gonzalez@cga.ct.gov; len.greene@housegop.ct.gov; David.Kiner@cga.ct.gov; Marie.Lopez.Kirkley-Bey@cga.ct.gov; Steve.Mikutel@cga.ct.gov; Linda.Orange@cga.ct.gov; Rosa.Rebimbas@housegop.ct.gov; Hector.Robles@cga.ct.gov; Danny.Rovero@cga.ct.gov; Richard.Roy@cga.ct.gov; Kevin.Witkos@cga.ct.gov; dave.yaccarino@housegop.ct.gov; Eileen.Daily@cga.ct.gov; steve.cassano@cga.ct.gov
    Last edited by buketdude; 01-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.

I likewise sent an email to all of them. Thanks for putting that list together.