• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Las Vegas v. Coupeville

Metalhead47

Most municipalities require a business license for people that do business and a C&R is defacto proof that you intend to operate a firearms business.

Not at all. A C&R (curio & relic) licence specifically prohibits one from "doing business." A C&R holder can sell off guns in his collection with the aim of acquiring different ones, but ordering a gun specifically to sell to someone else is sehr verboten. Basically all a C&R licence "allows" one to do is to have guns shipped to their home for their own collection.

joeroket

Not at all. A C&R (curio & relic) licence specifically prohibits one from "doing business." A C&R holder can sell off guns in his collection with the aim of acquiring different ones, but ordering a gun specifically to sell to someone else is sehr verboten. Basically all a C&R licence "allows" one to do is to have guns shipped to their home for their own collection.

Hmmm That is info I did not know. Thanks for posting it.

Metalhead47

Hmmm That is info I did not know. Thanks for posting it.

Direct from the ATF'a website:

Q: Does a license as a collector of curio or relic firearms authorize the collector to engage in the business of dealing in curios or relics?

No. A collector’s license only enables the collector to transport, ship, receive, and acquire curios and relics in interstate or foreign commerce, and to make disposition of curios and relics in interstate or foreign commerce, to any other licensee, for the period stated on the license. A collector’s license does not authorize the collector to engage in a business required to be licensed under the Act. Therefore, if the acquisitions and dispositions of curios and relics by a collector brings the collector within the definition of a manufacturer, importer, or dealer, he shall qualify as such. A dealer’s license must be obtained to engage in the business of dealing in any firearms, including curios or relics.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) and 923(a)(1), 27 CFR 478.41(c)(d)]