• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stop treating gun ownership as sacred

stainless1911

Banned
I carry because I know that I am not invincible.

Gun ownership is not only sacred, but doctrine.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

scot623

detroit_fan

It's nice to see another writer dissect Rochelle's tripe. I like how he points out her contradictions. Ha!

I just can't believe biased opinions like hers can even get printed in a major newspaper, quality standards have really taken a hit. No wonder newspapers are almost dead.

B

Bikenut

The natural right of every living thing to protect it's life in order to continue living is... and always will be... sacred. Gun ownership and gun carrying is merely the most efficient method available for protecting the most sacred of things... the individual's life.

The right to keep and bear arms, when looked at from the perspective of guns being the most efficient of arms available for protecting life, is the very most important of all the rights people have because common sense and basic logic demand that if a person is dead all the other rights become moot.

Consider... if a criminal kills a person because that person could not defend their life then that person, being dead, cannot speak and enjoy the right to free speech. That dead person cannot attend the church of his/her choice and enjoy the right to freedom of religion..... in short.... dead people cannot exercise any rights at all but exercising the right to keep and bear arms gives folks the ability to defend the most sacred of things.. their very lives... and keeps people alive so they can enjoy all of the rights living people have.

But then common sense and basic logic are things that leftist elitist control freaks simply do not have and cannot comprehend.

PDinDetroit

I like what Blackstone has to say about this...

http://www.sullivan-county.com/deism/blackstone.htm

The Unalienable Right of Self-Defense said:
The fifth and last auxiliary right of the subject, that I shall at present mention, is that of having arms for their defense . . . which is also declared by the same statute 1 W. & M. st. 2, C. 2, and it is indeed, a public allowance under due restrictions, of the natural right of resistance and self-preservation.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution provides that a "well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." The question of the source of this principle is difficult because of the extensive history of debate in England and virtually every other society which has attempted to maintain a balance between anarchy and oppressive government. However, it is safe to say that the American belief in the right to bear arms has its roots in "civil jurists of the period who had specifically dealt with the question of self-defense as a natural right."

It has been noted that their doctrine stemmed essentially from the traditional view of suicide as a sin and perhaps as the ultimate sin. To them a failure to defend yourself against an unlawful aggression amounted to suicide by inaction. If a person's life is a gift of the Creator and he cannot destroy it by action, he cannot destroy it by inaction or negligence. If life is not the private property of the person living, then it is not his to destroy or allow to be destroyed: you may voluntarily acquiesce to robbery; you may not voluntarily acquiesce to murder.

kryptonian

perhaps she needs to be reminded that guns were (and still are) used to secure her freedom to write her opinions. when americans fought off the british from tyranny they didn't use witty writings and harsh language. what about how 'sacred' carrying guns are to the criminal illegally carrying. in their circle it is necessary to carry to commit their crimes. wait until she is attacked by one of them and see how sacred she feels.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I carry because bad guys do. There's one who has promised retribution when he gets out of prison. I have a sacred responsibility to protect my family.

tygereye

I also carry to protect my self and my family... Things have happened in the past, and there is always a chance that person may decide to target my family because we caught him, and put his butt behind bars. We did nothing wrong, only caught him. I will do everything I can to protect my family, carrying a pistol may eventually play a part in that, although, I hope it never is needed.

NRAMARINE

I wonder if she believes her right to free speech is sacred? If not, she won't mind shutting up about things she has no comprehension of.

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

I carry for the same reason I duck when an object is flying at my head! In the world of living things it's instinct and I accept that as being the truth,some people just do not understand that truth.I think they border on insanity and therefore they should not be armed!