Thread: OC in NC but live in VA

OC in NC but live in VA

I live in VA and can oc here I was going down into NC to work on my car with a freind and was wondering if there is any laws keeping me from oc ing there, NC is oc friendly from what i heard from a friend that lives there, but i just want to be sure before I do it thanks for any help.

I'm not completely sure about what you were asking, but it is perfectly legal for you to OC in NC.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

IMHO and personal experiences, NC is a Gold Star OC State, BUT it depends on where you are in NC. OC East of Raleigh seems to be well accepted. I have heard of issues West of of Raleigh down to Charlotte and even in the "hills of NC". I would go to the OC Map on this forum, click on NC and the NC Gun Laws, as well, somewhere in this State forum, I would download a copy of the NC OC Flyer to know more of the specifics.

Carry On
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

You can OC in NC. Except for the city of Cary, which has laws prohibiting OC.

thanks guys we will be in Edenton, North Carolina but I will be driving from VA Beach down 17to get there, and I will check on the map

Even in Cary it's only city property (including sidewalks). Any private property (stores, non-alcohol serving restaurants, etc.) including private parking lots are fair game.

Also, remember that you can't carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol, anywhere that charges admission (e.g. movie theater), so when in doubt, CC. JMO.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I would go to the OC Map on this forum, click on NC and the NC Gun Laws,
    Carry On
    so I have tried using the search on this forum and it and I are not getting along right now where would I find this does someone have a link?

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by hemifan87 View Post
    so I have tried using the search on this forum and it and I are not getting along right now where would I find this does someone have a link?
    Go to the very top of ANY page in this forum, select the "maps" then select the specific one you want. I lost it once too!

wow lol I feel... well you know lol thank you.