• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in NC but live in VA

hemifan87

I live in VA and can oc here I was going down into NC to work on my car with a freind and was wondering if there is any laws keeping me from oc ing there, NC is oc friendly from what i heard from a friend that lives there, but i just want to be sure before I do it thanks for any help.

sultan62

I'm not completely sure about what you were asking, but it is perfectly legal for you to OC in NC.

Northerner

IMHO and personal experiences, NC is a Gold Star OC State, BUT it depends on where you are in NC. OC East of Raleigh seems to be well accepted. I have heard of issues West of of Raleigh down to Charlotte and even in the "hills of NC". I would go to the OC Map on this forum, click on NC and the NC Gun Laws, as well, somewhere in this State forum, I would download a copy of the NC OC Flyer to know more of the specifics.

Carry On

hemifan87

thanks guys we will be in Edenton, North Carolina but I will be driving from VA Beach down 17to get there, and I will check on the map

sultan62

Even in Cary it's only city property (including sidewalks). Any private property (stores, non-alcohol serving restaurants, etc.) including private parking lots are fair game.

Also, remember that you can't carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol, anywhere that charges admission (e.g. movie theater), so when in doubt, CC. JMO.