• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help defeat ab 144 the bill that would ban open carry in california

eye95

How many times do you poor folk have to fight this bill? I thought something similar was brought up last session and killed. Saldana, wasn't it?

Last edited:

puppy8agun

AB 144 Fax Drive

This bill essentially comes up every few years but since this bill almost made it, it was introduced this year and there is an attempt to remove the issues found in this bill. It bans so much that it effectively removes all your 2a rights with a few tweeks except in your home.

Right now the action items are a fax drive to members of the public safety committee. We hope to get as much registered opposition as we can against this bill.

It is time to start faxing and voicing your opposition to defend your right to self-defense. AB 144 effectivly removes your right to defend yourself in a public setting, and creates no resolution of the current problematic CCW processes.

Assembly members to fax for this first round are:

Assembly Public Safety Committee Fax (916) 319-3745

Majority Leader Charles Calderon (CA-AD-58-D) (916) 319 - 2158

Minority Leader Connie Conway, R-Tulare (916) 319-2134

Bill Sponsor Anthony Portantino (916) 319-2144

Letterhead and/or official titles are particularly important for this process. If you have access to business letterhead you could use, please use this to opposed AB 144. Individual faxes are also important so those who can do both please do.

Analysis has not been written yet. We need strong arguments!

The text of the bill can be found here: http://leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/asm/ab_0101-0150/ab_144_bill_20110113_introduced.html

To fax for free, you can use the following services.

www.gotfreefax.com

and/ or

www.freefax.com

Feel free to contact me for additional information. Through RCC and various other gun rights groups we are doing what we can to reduce the chances of this bill making it as far as last year again.

http://responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/
Alany Helmantoler
ahelmantoler@responsiblecitizensofca.org