• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Access to Military Bases if any

Chap

Atleast the issue is being brought up

Glad I was able to listen to the audio, thanks for posting it.

Chap

Hef

Basically the requirement as previously stated tho' he was missing a couple of points. The weapon must be unloaded. The Ammunition must be stored separately from the weapon. The weapon must not be easily accessible, either locked in a hard case or out of immediate reach. Then upon entry to the installation you must immediately notify the Security Guards who will then register the weapon for and with you by filling out a simple form. They will sign it and give you a copy to keep with you and the gun. I know this to be fact, it's what I do I am A DASG/LEO.

At NWS Charleston I used to clear my 1911 just outside the front door of the gate house while security observed, then handed it over with my extra mags for them to store in their safe while I was on board. I filled out the registration every day, and turned it in when I came to retrieve my weapon each night. Only 1 guard ever gave me grief, and I think it was because he was just busy that day and couldn't be bothered to do his job.

woodpile

What they SHOULD do is just follow the laws of the state in which the facility is located, or just follow the aready established law of the land, i.e., the 2nd Amendment.

For better or worse, the way the Constitution has worked, is that a state will cede land to the federal government as an agreement. At that time they can negotiate the parameters of the deal. Often the state has chosen to retain state voting rights (Heritage Guide to the Constitution, Meese, 2005). I doubt they could do much re-negotiating. At that point, however, article 1 section 8 clause 17 gives all legislative power to congress - how a general gets it from there is called tyranny.

since9

Campaign Veteran
**** YOU. You have LOST on my benefit of humanity because of you ****** UP requirements for posting.

"KABLING" BANG. You're loss. You SUCK and that's you're OWN damn'd falt!!!

Your lack of ability to work with the rest of the world has ALREADY BEEN PASSED ON TO THE REST OF THE WORLD.

You refused to join, so you chose to be LEFT BEHIND.

Good Riddence.

KansasMustang

Is this quickly done at the gate or would I be directed to the security office?

Is this common place? Just notify the security person at the gate and he doesn't blink just informs you how to handle it?

Chap

That's the way it is at Ft Riley. Can't tell you about other installations. Best to be sure you arrive at the gate unloaded and secured. Then inform the security/DASG and he'll work with you, fill out the form, he'll look at your weapon for serial #s and call it in to ensure the weapon is not stolen or reported missing and such. They'll clear you by running your License/ID # etc. and then you and the DASG will sign the form and in the case of Ft. Riley you're done. I know from personal experience,,because I've done this, even when a civilian showed up not knowing the unloaded/secured requirement. Had him clear it in front of me and we proceeded to do the registration thing. Most DASG guards are prior military or retired themselves. No sense making a fuss over some thing simple.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Hadn't looked back at this thread for a while. I'm not saying this is the policy on all DA installations but the DOD did come out with a new form to register weapons. So I'm thinking that it may just be a nation wide policy.

Chap

Thanks

Good deal, 194 days till I hit 30 yrs in CG. 256 days and a wake up until I retire.

Hope the problems over in Japan doesn't hold up the Honda 2012 Gold Wing 1800 model from launching on time. I was planing on a :monkey retirement gift :banana: to my self.

Chap

sfmiller08

Peterson and Schriever AFBs use the form if you want to bring a weapon on base because you are going shooting at lunchtime or after work. Signed by your CC and SFS/CC and easy to get. Otherwise, weapons are prohibited. To the best of my knowledge, this applies to all AF bases. If there is an armory, you can store your weapon there, as I did at Pete when I first got out here. No problem, tell the SP at the gate that's what you want to do. He checks that weapon is unloaded and ammo stored separately. Ammo may be kept on base in VOQ or your car. Spent 10 minutes chatting with the TSgt NCOIC about .45 v 9mm when I brought mine (P-90) to the armory. Pete has a trap/skeet range so many shotguns brought on base.

You were correct at one point and time sir, but it has changed a bit. Im a security forces member on Peterson AFB just in case your wondering where my refrences are from. Here is the regulation per our Operating Instruction. And just FYI Peterson no longer has a skeet range.

Integrated Defense requires individuals transporting POF(s) to inform the EC that they have POF(s) when they come through the gate. Personnel are only allowed to transport POF(s) directly to and from Family Housing Quarters or the SF Armory.

All personnel residing in TLF or dormitories within the installation must store their POF(s) in the SF Armory (Building 1376). The POF(s) will be unloaded in the trunk of the vehicle, cleared and safe, with the breech open and is recommended to be equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device. If the vehicle does not have a trunk (i.e., SUV, jeep, truck, etc.) the POF(s) must be unloaded, out of arms reach, and within a locked container or secured with a key activated trigger lock. POF(s) will not be transported/stowed in any such manner as to appear to be a concealed weapon (i.e., under seats or partially hidden).

Weapons will not be loaded at any time. Weapons will be under the supervision of an adult at all times and cannot be left unattended in their vehicle. NOTE: A firearm is defined as any weapon designed to expel a projectile through a barrel by the action of a propellant or one that can readily convert to this purpose. The frame or receiver group of any such weapon, any firearm muffler, or silencer and starter guns are firearms.

:D Hopefully I helped out a bit.