Thread: New Member OC in Concord

New Member OC in Concord

Hi all, new memeber of OCDO - what an eye-opening site! Have been surfing for OC experiances in and around Cabarrus Co but don't see much. Would like to "come out" and OC in Concord, but still a little worried about LEO's. Any input from guys in the area?

I would have never even thought of OC'ing without this site and all the great info, thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by rblood; 01-21-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rblood View Post
    Hi all, new memeber of OCDO - what an eye-opening site! Have been surfing for OC experiances in and around Cabarrus Co but don't see much. Would like to "come out" and OC in Concord, but still a little worried about LEO's. Any input from guys in the area?

I would have never even thought of OC'ing without this site and all the great info, thanks a bunch!
    A hearty welcome to you.

Link up with Grass Roots North Carolina and attend some of the meet n' greets held locally. You will be pleasantly surprised at the depth and breadth of the people there.
    http://www.grnc.org/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I've carried a lot in the Raleigh area, a fair amount out west, and a little bit down east, but never in/around Concord. Good luck though, and welcome!
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

hi there and welcome.
    kevlar cowboy is puting together a meet up in youre area if youre up for it. I think its the first weekend of feb.
    hope to see you there.

Just started to Open Carry myself I live just down the road from Concord over by Charlotte Motor Speedway. The easiest way to go about it is to know the laws and if your approached by leo's stay calm and you should get through it no problem. If you walk around all worried and look at people looking at you that may attract more attention. If you just walk around like you belong there people will probably not even notice you. Just my experience so far.

Only OC'd once in Concord (at the Sports Authority), not in that area very often. Nothing said, had a discussion with the guy at the gun counter about ammo prices, no issues and agreed with me that other people thought the prices were high there also.

I have OC'd a few times in the Harrisburg and Concord area with no issues. The only one I know noticed was the girl getting ready to cut my hair. I could just see her eyes widen as she saw it but no comment.