• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member OC in Concord

rblood

Hi all, new memeber of OCDO - what an eye-opening site! Have been surfing for OC experiances in and around Cabarrus Co but don't see much. Would like to "come out" and OC in Concord, but still a little worried about LEO's. Any input from guys in the area?

I would have never even thought of OC'ing without this site and all the great info, thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hi all, new memeber of OCDO - what an eye-opening site! Have been surfing for OC experiances in and around Cabarrus Co but don't see much. Would like to "come out" and OC in Concord, but still a little worried about LEO's. Any input from guys in the area?

I would have never even thought of OC'ing without this site and all the great info, thanks a bunch!

A hearty welcome to you.

Link up with Grass Roots North Carolina and attend some of the meet n' greets held locally. You will be pleasantly surprised at the depth and breadth of the people there.
http://www.grnc.org/

sultan62

I've carried a lot in the Raleigh area, a fair amount out west, and a little bit down east, but never in/around Concord. Good luck though, and welcome!

Jerry1981

Just started to Open Carry myself I live just down the road from Concord over by Charlotte Motor Speedway. The easiest way to go about it is to know the laws and if your approached by leo's stay calm and you should get through it no problem. If you walk around all worried and look at people looking at you that may attract more attention. If you just walk around like you belong there people will probably not even notice you. Just my experience so far.

REDFIVE48

Only OC'd once in Concord (at the Sports Authority), not in that area very often. Nothing said, had a discussion with the guy at the gun counter about ammo prices, no issues and agreed with me that other people thought the prices were high there also.

joeface

I have OC'd a few times in the Harrisburg and Concord area with no issues. The only one I know noticed was the girl getting ready to cut my hair. I could just see her eyes widen as she saw it but no comment.