Thread: real frickin close to a school ....

real frickin close to a school ....

I am super close to a school....there is a park CONNECTED with the school. If my house is 999 ft away from the PARK which is CONNECTED to the school, am I screwed? And how exactly do they count the feet. As in, are they measuring the fastest possible route in the amount of feet?

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    If you have a permit to carry a firearm issued by your state then unless your state has its own restrictions, the 1000' rule does not apply to you. You don't even have to have your permit on your person if you are OC'ing and may do so legally without one.

See U.S. Code 18, 922 for the particulars and review your state's laws regarding this matter.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 01-22-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    I am super close to a school....there is a park CONNECTED with the school. If my house is 999 ft away from the PARK which is CONNECTED to the school, am I screwed? And how exactly do they count the feet. As in, are they measuring the fastest possible route in the amount of feet?
    A park is "connected" to a school? What does that mean?

Seriously slothman if you want specific answers or where to find them, you need to give basic information i.e city or county and state. In this case, whether you have a concealed carry permit is part of the equation.

Absenting that information, no one can really help you except with generalities.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

fresno county in CA. I do not have a CC permit. I was referring to OC near a school

Who owns the park, the city, or the school dist.?
    You will need to look at the zoning map for your city.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    The school is the part that concerns you. Is the park a park or is it part of the school? If you're 999 feet away from the edge of the school property (in a straight line as the crow flies) and you are in possession of a firearm that isn't in a fully-enclosed, locked container then you are violating the law.