Thread: Gun permit revoked for man who denounced MLK day

Gun permit revoked for man who denounced MLK day

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado radio station owner who aired an editorial denouncing the holiday honoring Martin Luther King Jr. has lost his gun permit.

The Greeley Tribune reports the concealed weapon permit was permanently revoked Friday, when a judge also ordered school board member Brett Reese to stay at least 100 yards from a rival radio station owner.

Justin Sasso says Reese threatened “a shootout” over advertisers.

Complete story here http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/jan/2...who-denounced/
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Bad reporting. The headline and the article's lead make it sound as though the editorial were the reason for the revocation. It was the claim by the other station owner of "threats" that caused the judge to revoke the license.

I used quotes on the word "threats" because the allegations sound shaky at best.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Bad reporting. The headline and the article's lead make it sound as though the editorial were the reason for the revocation. It was the claim by the other station owner of "threats" that caused the judge to revoke the license.

I used quotes on the word "threats" because the allegations sound shaky at best.
    I was thinking the same thing.

The board voted Thursday to meet at schools because guns are prohibited there.
    Yep, that'll keep them murderin' fools away.

NOT!!!
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Exactly. Had nothing whatsoever to do with Marty King editiorial.

The board voted Thursday to meet at schools because guns are prohibited there

Like at Virginia Tech? Columbine?

(rolls eyes)
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.