• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

kwikrnu lost his lawsuit against State of TN Unconstitutionality of HCP law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingfish

If this is true
It is.

wouldn't it mean that supporting him is the only intelligent and logical reaction?
It depends on the arguments of the case.

After all, if it really means a win for him would mean a win for all of us, and a loss would mean a loss for all of us
Not necessarily. He most likely will argue the case in a very specific manner to apply only to his current situation. It is unlikely that he will challenge TN permit process as a whole, only for himself. He will more than likely lose because he canceled his appeal (that is mandated by statute) for the suspension of his permit (no one knows why).

what does wishing for his failure say about a person?
I have not seen anyone saying they wishes he loose a case that challenges TN permitting system for all law abiding citizens. I do personally hope he fails in his attempts to collect a paycheck in other cases from the good people of TN for what were HIS ACTIONS.

Ever read any Ayn Rand?
Yes

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

Oh, why not...Yes, slow, I guess I am. I log into OCDO everyday. I browse multiple sub-forums several times a day. They are a great source for information and opinions.

Yet your active involvement stopped after Leonard was banned.

Just as I claimed it would.

Interesting.

I truly am for and advocate responsible open carry when and where appropriate.

Define "responsible".

For concealed carry snobs, it is not having your pistol on the shiny side of fabric.

For "gun collectors", it is not walking around in public with an AK derivative.

Define: "When Appropriate"

Define: "Where Appropriate"

Your sentence literally is the overwhelming problem with the movement as a cohesive whole. If we are to move forward with true Constitutional Carry, then a united front is necessary.

If we are to reach a united front, then the recognition, on a personal level, that what we deem to be "reasonable" applies only to ourselves, and our own self regulation, and should not be used to impose our will upon others.

What is good and right for me may not be appropriate for others who open carry.

That's fantastic, so long as you do not use your own personal limitations as a standard to impose upon the rights of others.

A key point people cannot seem to grasp that is factually, and inherently unavoidable and true.

There are many personal decisions involved with carrying a firearm for self defense.

There are indeed. So long as your choice of sidearm, holster, and attire, is not set as the governing standard for your other countrymen.

I've made mine, but understand others will make different ones.

Of course.

Okay, don't know what that means.Well, that forum is a members only forum, so I can't discuss what is posted there.

You don't have to. Software and DB's are such fickle things. :D

I will say you and Leonard have been topics.

The comments from a particular member who posted here, in which he addresses the sexuality of both Leonard and myself, is quite amusing.

Although I, nor Leonard, are homosexual, I think that particular officer may be homophobic.

You seem to be proud of my comment about you.

Glaringly proud.

It proved my initial comments about you, and it proves the duplicity of your character.

You wear the "I'm a nice guy" hat here.
You wear a different one elsewhere.

I have been open, completely straightforward, and honest. You just don't like what I have to say.

RussP.

-It took you 4 flipping pages of argument to concede that you never even watched the video of Leonard interacting in Bell Meade.
-It took you another 3 pages to concede that the officer pointed the firearm at oncoming traffic and the Bell Meade Country Club, for a full minute.
-THEN you tried to absolve his dangerous activity, before finally, after pages upon pages, you eventually conceded what he did was wrong. (But you still blamed Leonard for it. LOL)

All of this after you chide Leonard for the incident, and comment on "how it was handled".

I guess for you, "honesty" is in the eye of the beholder?

Oh, there is no disagreement that Leonard's behavior gave rise to several situations which have, or will have, an impact on firearm laws in Tennessee and, probably, other States.

So what "has" been affected by Leonards "behavior"?

The only thing that has actually happened so far, is the removal of a Jim Crow law that was not preempted.

As far as your questions, I do not remember saying I do not support the lawful carry of an AK derivative pistol. Doing so is protected by the Constitution and Tennessee law in Leonard's case.

In earlier arguments, you had specifically mentioned the AK pistol as "excessive".

Carry of firearms in parks - that is allowed by Tennessee law. The allowed part is what needs changing.

Holy Christ on a rubber crutch.

We agree on something.

I certainly do support redress of grievances for a suspended permit. The appeal process is part of the law. Leonard is the one who waved his right to appeal. I believe that was unwise.

Leonards permit was taken without lawful purpose.
Not a single agency could substantiate why it was revoked other than to state he presented a "Material risk of likely harm to the public".

Why should he have to appeal?

Where is his due process, before revocation of a right?

Could Leonard not have substantial proof now that the DHS may infer powers unto itself that are outside of those they are authorized to have?

With what authority, and under what specific law did they remove his permit?

Oh wait, let's not ask these questions, because it is Leonard we are talking about, and because you don't like that he [insert reason here], regardless it's legality and its Constitutionality, we should slap him around and pray his rights get violated. :rolleyes:

Why not wait for the outcome, slow?

Please note that I stated, "...were he...".
Please note I did not create a thread entitled "Leonard won his case!", when it hasn't even gone to court yet.

That would be almost as absurd as creating a thread titled, "kwikrnu lost his lawsuit against State of TN Unconstitutionality of HCP law", when the case never went to court, and therefore could not have been "lost" in the first place.

slow, what are you talking about? The only attorney Leonard has posted about is for the Radnor Lake case. He predicts there his attorney, former military and former LEO, is going to wipe the floor with the Rangers and officers from Metro PD. I look forward to reading about that.

I fail to see why basic common sense cannot be applied here, lol.

RussP, he has the consult of an attorney for another case. Might he have said Attorneys ear regardless his pro serepresentation?

Just sayin...

I believe someone with a Constitutional law background, real, successful courtroom experience would be an advantage in his challenge case.

I believe if people could be less shortsighted about their own personal insecurities, and wade beyond the waters of their selfishness, they would be offering to set up a fund for Leonard, that others may pitch into, to help him procure whomever he wants.

I wonder if the distaste of being shat upon by those who profess to call him brother, has finally soiled his appetite for supporting all of us.

I mean, again, just sayin...

Just last night he said he would not get an attorney for the challenge and will represent represent himself because he can.

Well, he did get the denial overturned on his own.
He did predict specifically, that the Bell Meade city council would have to bury the entire law, and he was right. It happened exactly, and precisely as he predicted.

Might he be more capable than you believe?

Did you talk to him this morning?

Nope.

Could be... :D

Is.

Chest thumping and giddiness? Let me go back to that post... Okay, I'm back...I just can't find all that in those words.

The words are in the title alone. You couldn't wait to post how he "lost a case", when said "case" was never there to "lose".

Maybe I'll let you go on this one because you "worded it wrong". :lol:

Now, let's get back on topic.

This entire conversation has been specifically on topic.

kingfish said:
He will more than likely lose because he canceled his appeal (that is mandated by statute) for the suspension of his permit (no one knows why).

The appeal is mandated by statute when the permit is revoked lawfully.

No one shall stand trial without due process.

slowfiveoh

Noone knows if the permit was suspended lawfully or not since Kwik canceled the appeal for reasons unknown.

That's not correct.

His permit was revoked without charge. "Material likelihood of risk to the public" is nothing more than an ambiguous comment found in 1340-2-4-.15, and not a criminal charge as is required by the process. What this entry does is allows for a vague, and ambiguous reasoning to be allowed when denying an individual their Constitutional Rights.

Submitting to appeal is nothing more than going before a council for doing nothing wrong.

In fact, I would wager that the unlawful revocation of his permit, will serve as material evidence supporting his suit.

Either way, what is "in the past", will come out as his entire case is hinged upon the illegal revocation of his permit by using entry C of 1340-2-4-.15.

wrightme

That's not correct.

His permit was revoked without charge. "Material likelihood of risk to the public" is nothing more than an ambiguous comment found in 1340-2-4-.15, and not a criminal charge as is required by the process. What this entry does is allows for a vague, and ambiguous reasoning to be allowed when denying an individual their Constitutional Rights.

Submitting to appeal is nothing more than going before a council for doing nothing wrong.

In fact, I would wager that the unlawful revocation of his permit, will serve as material evidence supporting his suit.

Either way, what is "in the past", will come out as his entire case is hinged upon the illegal revocation of his permit by using entry C of 1340-2-4-.15.

Sans appeal, this is not a fact in evidence. That was the point.

RussP

That's not correct.

You need to run that post by Leonard. He may not agree.

slowfiveoh

As I said in another thread, no matter what I post, even when I agree with you, you just keep spewing insults. Responding to your personal attacks just isn't worth my time.

Whatever gives you a convenient out.

The facts about your activity in and around these threads is pertinent to understanding your underhandedness.

Sans appeal, this is not a fact in evidence. That was the point.

Although laws enacted are presumed to be Constitutional by the courts, challenging the basis for which his permit was revoked by calling into question the laws ability to pass Constitutional muster, is a great way to rebuke egregious law on several fronts.

You say "sans appeal", I say "It's not Constitutional to begin with". No person shall be deprived due process, and entries of enacted law that are allowed to criminalize an individual without actual commission of a crime are indeed ambiguous.

For your reading pleasure I submit the 6th Amendment, Marbury v. Madison, McCulloch v. Maryland, and Gibbons v. Ogden to substantiate my claims.

Last edited:

RussP

That's not correct.

You need to run that post by Leonard. He may not agree.
I found what Leonard said on February 18 in response to my comment about some of those things "in the past".
RussP said:
Well, now we get to hear why the Sheriff had to strike that line.

Of course, that would mean opening up the reasons the State suspended your HCP, which brings out Diedre Summey, etal about that series of events... and more.

Gonna be interesting!
kwikrnu said:
If any of that is admissible... This lawsuit has little to do with my permit, I am asking an unconstitutional law, tca 39-17-1307(a)(1), be declared unconstitutional.
This is a clean constitutional challenge of tca 39-17-1307(a)(1). Hopefully he'll be properly prepared.

RussP

I have listened to you groan about Leonard finding legal counsel for quite some time now, and once he does, it is now "not good enough".

The sliding scale of standards you use as a metric to gauge "acceptability" is either broken, or bipolar.

Have you not seen that he has retained counsel?

RussP, he has the consult of an attorney for another case. Might he have said Attorneys ear regardless his pro serepresentation?

Just sayin...
Not according to Leonard... He posted this when I advised him someone had posted that he did in fact have counsel.
kwikrnu said:
Today, 3:45 pm

I don't have an attorney, have not any attorney for advice, and have received none.
Just saying...

slowfiveoh

Not according to Leonard... He posted this when I advised him someone had posted that he did in fact have counsel. Just saying...

Some Guy In An Email That I Correspond With said:
In other news I got a letter from my lawyer yesterday stating the case had been continued. I need to get in touch with him about that.

Maybe you should just stop being such a pliable, gullible stalker? :lol:

Last edited:

RussP

I have listened to you groan about Leonard finding legal counsel for quite some time now, and once he does, it is now "not good enough".

The sliding scale of standards you use as a metric to gauge "acceptability" is either broken, or bipolar.

Have you not seen that he has retained counsel?

Just sayin...
Not according to Leonard... He posted this when I advised him someone had posted that he did in fact have counsel.
kwikrnu said:
Today, 3:45 pm

I don't have an attorney, have not any attorney for advice, and have received none.
Just saying...
Not according to Leonard... He posted this when I advised him someone had posted that he did in fact have counsel.Just saying...

Originally Posted by Some Guy In An Email That I Correspond With
In other news I got a letter from my lawyer yesterday stating the case had been continued. I need to get in touch with him about that.
Maybe you should just stop being such a pliable, gullible stalker? :lol:
Well, slow, this thread is about the constitutional challenge suit filed by Leonard. My quotes by Leonard are in direct response to questions asked about that law suit, and that law suit only.

You acknowledged above that he had legal representation for another law suit, so why didn't I believe he would participate in the constitutional challenge suit.

Leonard's posts on another forum confirm he is pro se in this constitutional challenge. The trial date was set just recently for November 9, 2011.

I believe the continuance you quote might be related to his Radnor Lake law suit trial which is scheduled for next month, but is not part of this thread.

I believe discussing this legal challenge to the Tennessee HCP laws, the outcome which might have consequences not just in Tennessee but in other states as well, is way too important to cause this thread to be closed.

slowfiveoh

RussP said:
I believe the continuance you quote might be related to his Radnor Lake law suit trial which is scheduled for next month, but is not part of this thread.

...and how long has the date been set for next month RussP?

RussP

...and how long has the date been set for next month RussP?
Today was the pre-trial conference for Leonard's suit against Ranger Ward. It was set April 5, 2010 for today, February 25, at 3:00pm. Again, this is not the constitutional challenge, the topic of this thread.

The March 8, 2011 trial for the Ward suit was scheduled on the same date.

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

Today was the pre-trial conference for Leonard's suit against Ranger Ward. It was set April 5, 2010 for today, February 25, at 3:00pm. Again, this is not the constitutional challenge, the topic of this thread.

The March 8, 2011 trial for the Ward suit was scheduled on the same date.

There are things you are not seeing, and I will simply leave it at that.

Enjoy your view. :cool:

RussP

This just in from Leonard...
RussP said:
Leonard, someone posted that you said, "In other news I got a letter from my lawyer yesterday stating the case had been continued. I need to get in touch with him about that."

Someone requested a continuance of the constitutional challenge November 9 trial? That's still a long ways out.
kwikrnu said:
Radnor Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.