• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

kwikrnu lost his lawsuit against State of TN Unconstitutionality of HCP law

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowfiveoh

Can't deny that the ole Tennessee part of the forums is pretty dead without him.

- OS

Well, a large portion of people from Tennessee seem to think they have it pretty good.

The comical thing is, that compared to their immediate neighbors, they have by policy affronted directly the right to keep and bear arms as enumerated not only by the federal Constitution, but their own state Constitution.

I think Leonards tired of that, and wants to do something about it, even if it's for his own purposes.

There has been post, after post, after post, about how wonderful it is in Tennessee, and how "good" they actually have it.

I can't help but laugh. :lol:

I think it's time to shop for a new sidearm to carry. I'll do so openly up here in NoVa, and without a permit. :banana:

HvyMtl

After reading a few things about this situation, and the comments from the State's representation, I do not think it was Kwik's "well written" response got this restarted. I have a feeling the State wants to clarify how Constitutional this is, before someone with deeper wallets, and better representation, contests the law...

As for Kwik not being here, he trolled in another section of the forums, so badly, after multiple warnings, he was banned.

Wish he had not done that, and I tried to keep the tit-for-tat pro vs. anti Kwikers from ending the postings on the fellow and his situation,too.

Oh well.

I can see the tit-for-tat, if not controlled, getting all Kwik related threads stopped.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
At least he DID something, everyone else is still flapping gums and talking trash.

Regardless of what you think of his paint scheme, he's still more productive than his detractors.

Last edited:

Fallguy

At least he DID something, everyone else is still flapping gums and talking trash.

Regardless of what you think of his paint scheme, he's still more productive than his detractors.

Some may say that calling/e-mailing members of the legislature as well as going to capital hill as doing something as well. Even though it may not seem as glamorous or get as much attention, some might argue it is more productive.....

Kingfish

The city of Bell Meade was forced to remove in its entirety, a law capable of being used egregiously against law abiding open carriers.

You may not like it, but that's a fact.
./yawn

An ancient law that has not been enforced in decades when a well written letter to the city counsel could have accomplished the same thing.

slowfiveoh

./yawn

An ancient law that has not been enforced in decades when a well written letter to the city counsel could have accomplished the same thing.

This is acceptable because laws should exist that are "unenforcable", well, that is until an officer takes up an issue with an open carrier and decides to "enforce" it.

Correct?

I read your disapproval of Leonards method of getting it removed, and I have to ask you...

Did you submit a letter to the city counsel?

Did any of Leonards detractors do so?

Hrmm.

Seems one group is all talk, while at very least, like it or not, Leonard is action.

:lol:

slowfiveoh

I no longer had a need to visit Belle Meade thus it did not affect me in any way.

Good to hear that since it "did not affect you", it was "none of your concern".

No clue.
Point is that it did not require planning a potentially dangerous armed encounter with LE to get it changed.

"Potentially dangerous" on behalf of the legal, law abiding citizen?

or

"Potentially dangerous" on behalf of uninformed law enforcement with a vendetta?

Kingfish

Good to hear that since it "did not affect you", it was "none of your concern".
As a resident of GA, I doubt my letter would have much influence. A resident of or frequent visitor to Belle Meade would have had much more influence.

"Potentially dangerous" on behalf of the legal, law abiding citizen?
I thought we were talking about Kwik.

RussP

The city of Bell Meade was forced to remove in its entirety, a law capable of being used egregiously against law abiding open carriers.

You may not like it, but that's a fact.
Forced? How exactly were they forced?

Oh, yeah, Leonard's behavior demonstrated the absurdity of the law...okay.

"Capable of being used egregiously...", slow, can you tell us the last time the ordinance was used?

RussP

This is acceptable because laws should exist that are "unenforcable", well, that is until an officer takes up an issue with an open carrier and decides to "enforce" it.

Correct?

I read your disapproval of Leonards method of getting it removed, and I have to ask you...

Did you submit a letter to the city counsel?

Did any of Leonards detractors do so?

Hrmm.

Seems one group is all talk, while at very least, like it or not, Leonard is action.

:lol:
Did you write a letter to the City Board of Commissioners or the City's Counsel?

Me? I was busy sending emails to Virginia politicians making certain they properly represent me here at home.

slowfiveoh

Forced? How exactly were they forced?

Oh, yeah, Leonard's behavior demonstrated the absurdity of the law...okay.

Yup.

"Capable of being used egregiously...", slow, can you tell us the last time the ordinance was used?

Can you ensure that it would have never been used in Bell Meade to accost an open carrier?

It's quite naive of you to believe its "unenforced status" couldn't be changed on the whim of an officer.

Now you can go to Bell Meade without them possibly using this law to violate your 2nd Amendment rights...oh wait. Tennessee doesn't have second amendment rights.

Did you write a letter to the City Board of Commissioners or the City's Counsel?

Nope. Got my own steaks in the fryin pan. I however am certainly happy whenever an RTKBA goal is reached, no matter how slight.

Me? I was busy sending emails to Virginia politicians making certain they properly represent me here at home.

Big F'ing deal guy. I mean I just got through writing a response to my congressman from California regarding government financial matters. I have also lit up the ol keyboard uncountable times for various cases, and donated out of my pocket towards those on this very board in need.

The difference between you and I, is that I will not lambast Leonard for actively taking a stand as opposed to writing letters.

You on the flipside, probably wouldn't leave your house or test the constraints or limits of any law for various self-important reasons.

You have never convinced anybody here that you are truly for RTKBA.

Last edited:

RussP

Can you ensure that it would have never been used in Bell Meade to accost an open carrier?

It's quite naive of you to believe its "unenforced status" couldn't be changed on the whim of an officer.

Now you can go to Bell Meade without them possibly using this law to violate your 2nd Amendment rights...oh wait. Tennessee doesn't have second amendment rights.
So, in other words, you have no idea when they last enforced the ordinance. Just say so if you don't know.

Based on a comment by a law enforcement officer who spoke with Belle Meade police, they had no intentions of enforcing that law. It was in direct conflict with State law.

There is also that pesky allegation by Leonard that Belle Meade PD officers were ignorant of that law. How can someone enforce an ordinance they are ignorant of? Really, how can that happen, slow?
Nope. Got my own steaks in the fryin pan. I however am certainly happy whenever an RTKBA goal is reached, no matter how slight.
Yes, those little steps made in every jurisdiction are good.
Big F'ing deal guy. I mean I just got through writing a response to my congressman from California regarding government financial matters. I have also lit up the ol keyboard uncountable times for various cases, and donated out of my pocket towards those on this very board in need.
Actually it was. We accomplished quite a lot. It wasn't everything we wanted, but we're getting there.

Good for you, Washington needs some financial advice. Sadly, they don't listen very well.

So your home state is California. Thought you resided in Washington before coming to Virginia.
The difference between you and I, is that I will not lambast Leonard for actively taking a stand as opposed to writing letters.
That is true, slow.
You on the flipside, probably wouldn't leave your house or test the constraints or limits of any law for various self-important reasons.

You have never convinced anybody here that you are truly for RTKBA.
Fine, slow, you believe whatever you want, whatever gets you those warm fuzzy feelings.

To be honest, Virginia is such a fine place to carry, there really hasn't been any need to test anything where I live, nor where I travel within the Commonwealth.

I have open carried in both NoVA and down in the Tidewater area. Other OCers have had horrible problems there. Thinking about it, I guess my open carrying where they had problems was testing the constraints on open carry in those areas. :D

How about you, what have you done to test the constraints or limits of any law?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

The worst thing you can do is nothing. Well, that and being a whiny douche that complains about men of action while doing nothing. That's probably worse.

His biggest contribution is making one-hand pistol carriers look good. Now he is 'that guy' instead of you. He is the bleeding edge of the envelope. You're normalized by his actions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.