• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

L.A. councilman wants to ban 'open carry'

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/01/la-councilman-wants-to-ban-open-carry-handguns.html

Garcetti submitted what he called a "common sense" motion that asks his council colleagues to approve such a ban. In practice, the measure would restrict the carrying of such weapons to authorized law enforcement personnel or holders of concealed weapons permits.

"No one needs a gun on their hip when walking down the street or going to the store," Garcetti said. "The open carry of a handgun can be intimidating and threaten public safety."

Seems that Garcetti hasn't read the California constitution. He's playing in the state legislature's area.

Last edited:

oc4ever

let them pass it

I will be happy to be the lead plaintiff on the lawsuit.