Thread: open carry in ashboro nc

Smile open carry in ashboro nc

third time this week in ashboro. wallmart, 2 gas stations, feed store, insurence company,lowes food, 1 licence check and food lion
    1. wallmart is great
    2. gas stations fine with 1 stair
    3. feed store, great
    4 insurence company, cool
    5 lowes food,,,,, one stock boy needs education,, not ilegal to open carry. was told that i need ccw . store manager was called asked if i was legal i siad yes no problem

6. licence check no problem informed highway patrol that i was ccw at the time asked ccw and every thing was okay.
    7. food lion was educational for us both. manager was called as soon as i came in first time in that store, asked if i was legal i said yes then went to asked if i had been stoped and ? by any leo's from ashboro said no. then left. several surprised stairs but nothing out of fear.

Clayton, NC
    First post so you get a pass. BUT PLEASE, if you are going to educate the masses on OC and CC, ensure you are using the correct language and vernacular. North Carolina's Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP) is the proper term, NOT Carrying Concealed Weapons (CCW). CCW is a whole other class of weapons that are concealed. Yes, I realize the USgunlaws website states CCW, but it comes down to the language used in the actually Law.

Believe me, it may seem petty, but it can and will avoid confusion down the road.

Publication Website:
    Last edited by Northerner; 01-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson