• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House and Senate Bills Handguns

gprod55

I found 35 House and Senate Bills concerning handguns. Some are for concealed carry and or armed guards so I'll only list the ones pertaining to open carry. I haven't researched them any further then the bill and its title. They will be presented to the house and senate on February 7, 2011.
SENATE
SB284 Crimes and punishment Oklahoma Self Defense Act.
SB845 Self Defense Act Preclusions.
SB855 Reckless Conduct While in Possession of a Weapon or Firearm.
SB856 Self Defense Act, Conditions for carrying firearms.
SB952 Assault and Battery Using Dangerous Weapon, clarifying dangerous weapon term.
HOUSE
HB1291 Creating Firearms Freedom Act, exemptions from Federal Law or Federal Regulations.
HB1406 Oklahoma Firearms Act 2011.
HB1439 Crimes and Punishment, right to use deadly force.
HB1470 Firearms, clarifying manner guns maybe carried by handgun licensees.
HB1645 Creating firearms freedom act.
HB1653 Unlawful carring of guns clarifying penalty.
HB1690 Clarifying who may carry firearms.
HB1767 Firearms policy improvement.
HB1788 Firearms 2nd ammendment act 2011.
HB1796 Open carry of firearms.
HB1911 Possession of firearm.
HB1915 Firearms act.
HB2029 Creating the firearms act.
HB2134 Unlawful carry.

These and all the other bills that are going to be presented to the house and senate of Oklahoma on 2-7-11. I found the list on oklahoma.gov and went to the house and senate for bills to be introduced to their respective groups. Ya'll can research them at your convenience. Its a start.

gprod55

Which one(s) restore the right to open carry? A little analysis with posts is more helpful than a list of bills.

I believe all of them. I was unable to view each bill's verbage but all of them should apply to open carry. The list is there and it was made available for you to research them as you wish. I didn't have the time as it was after midnight when I finished the list and was kind of bleary eyed looking at this pc that long. Again as its all legal ease you can look them up and make up your own mind. Good luck. (I ain't no lawyer an my unnderstannig of legal-ease is minnimal)