Thread: Man faces jail after protecting home from masked attackers

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Man faces jail after protecting home from masked attackers

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01...ked-attackers/

The incident began six years of trouble for Mr. Thomson that culminated early one Sunday morning last August when the 53-year-old former mobile-crane operator woke up to the sound of three masked men firebombing his Port Colborne, Ont., home.
    “I was horrified,” he said. “I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know what was happening. I had no idea what was going on.”
    So Mr. Thomson, a former firearms instructor, grabbed one of his Smith & Wesson revolvers from his safe, loaded it and headed outside dressed in only his underwear.
    “He exited his house and fired his revolver two, maybe three times, we’re not sure. Then these firebombing culprits, they ran off,” said his lawyer, Edward Burlew

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    “If the public are wondering can you run out of your house and [fire a handgun at an intruder], the bottom line is, according to the laws of Canada, no, you can’t,” said Constable Nilan Dave of the Niagara Regional Police Service, which charged Mr. Thomson. “That’s why the courts are there, to give a person an opportunity to explain their actions.”

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01...#ixzz1Bm4Tlham

They were lobbing Molotov cocktails at the mans home!!!! I guess he needed to ask them to explain themselves first before protecting himself and his property.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

The first rule to living through a self defense scenario is to live. The second bridge is crossed after that.

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    The first rule to living through a self defense scenario is to live. The second bridge is crossed after that.
    I rather be judged by 12 than carried by six
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Rules/laws/regulations like this move a country to the "worthless" category. I am happy I do not live there.