• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in Pittsburgh

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just to merely have a "firearm"(handgun, SBS, SBR) in a vehicle whether it is loaded or not you must have a LTCF or a license/permit from any other state. ..unless you are going to/from one of the exempted locations in 6106(b).

Separating the gun and ammo just to transport it for OC'n without a license is illegal. 6106(a) prohibits "firearms" being concealed, and being transported in a vehicle. The prohibition is directly against the gun regardless of it's loaded status.

Yep that's the way it is.
http://paopencarry.org/pa-firearm-law-ss6106

the last gunfighter

at the time I didn't have the full statute at hand I was going by memory because I never get in my car without my LTCF so forgot the full law my apologies for putting up the law incomplete ( no sarcasm intended)