• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not all politicians are dumb

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.wral.com/news/local/politics/story/8977434/

In the wake of a mass shooting that critically injured one of her fellow lawmakers, Republican 2nd District Congresswoman Renee Ellmers said Thursday that she plans to carry a gun when making public appearances.

"We have to protect ourselves. We know that. That is something we have always been cognizant of,” Ellmers said. "There have been times in the past I have carried my weapon, and I will probably continue to do so. Some days I might have it. Some days I might not."
OK, so I guess as a congresscritter she has BGs going through her appointments secretary to schedule attacks. Wish I had someo+ne to handle that chore for me. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, even as a congrescritter there are times/places she would not be allowed to carry. I just hope she realizes how much that fact efects all the rest of us.

stay safe.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
http://www.wral.com/news/local/politics/story/8977434/

In the wake of a mass shooting that critically injured one of her fellow lawmakers, Republican 2nd District Congresswoman Renee Ellmers said Thursday that she plans to carry a gun when making public appearances.

"We have to protect ourselves. We know that. That is something we have always been cognizant of,” Ellmers said. "There have been times in the past I have carried my weapon, and I will probably continue to do so. Some days I might have it. Some days I might not."
OK, so I guess as a congresscritter she has BGs going through her appointments secretary to schedule attacks. Wish I had someo+ne to handle that chore for me. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, even as a congrescritter there are times/places she would not be allowed to carry. I just hope she realizes how much that fact efects all the rest of us.

stay safe.

While, as you know, I carry whenever I'm legally able, I'm not so sure this argument isn't valid. The point is that you never know when she might be armed. Just like here in Virginia where bad guys never know who might be armed or which house's occupants are prepared to defend themselves.

Not good, but not completely a bad argument either.

Would be much better if she could schedule attacks. I don't want to minimize the point.