• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning a CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY RALLY at the Capitol in Madison. Who is in ?

theoicarry

I would say Today, I would want to be part of this. I agree, we need a minimum of 200, preferably 1000. I need to wait to make an total commitment. If however this group grows to great proportions, I will do whatever it takes to participate. May be we could meet in specific areas in order to commute together, not sure how to organize that part?

Ted

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Isn't Friday still during the week?

I think we'd get a much better turnout on a weekend. That being said, I see the value in doing it when they are in session. However; many of them probably take off early on Friday too.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I think we'd get a much better turnout on a weekend. That being said, I see the value in doing it when they are in session. However; many of them probably take off early on Friday too.

it's going to be impossible to find a date that pleases & works for everyone. Some people work during the day, at night, some work on the weekends. I guess if people really want to attend they will find a way. When you do a rally in Madison it's customary to have everyone see their elected officials or their staffers after the Rally. We could take over the Capitol that day.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
If we could get critical mass I would be in. Any chance of Tea Party assisting? As long as focus is on Constitutional Carry, not other issues.

Have Gun - Will Carry

New job. No vaca time. Can't take a chance on losing job in this economy, esp. since I need a day off 2 weeks earlier - so don't count on me. Really wish I could go, though...

Edited to add: since it's no longer on a weekday, I can make it - see post #70.

Last edited:

jpm84092

Timing is Everything - Numbers Get Things Done

Many of you are not old enough and some of your probably do not care, but please indulge an "older" man his whimsy.

In the very early 1970's I rode with a non-outlaw motorcycle club based in Janesville. This club was a member of the Wisconsin Better Bikers Association (WBBA). Our goal was to defeat Wisconsin's mandatory helmet law. Many rally's were attempted, but in 1976, we did "get it together".

Posters were put up in every motorcyle shop. News and radio ads were purchased. Other motorcycle groups were contacted. And a weekend rally was held. (It did not matter that the legislature was not in session, the media coverage dominated for a full week.) There were over 50,000+ who attended the rally. The Wisconsin Legislature did take note, and did now note the "Will Of The People".

The vote was taken two weeks later and the Wisconsin Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law was repealed - and remains so to this day (for those 18 and older). The theme was "Let Those Who Ride Decide".

There is a lesson in this for those on this forum....

If the freedom loving citizens of Wisconsin want to repeal the WI Concealed Carry Statute, repeal the WI GFSZ statute, and castrate the Federal GFSZ law by enacting Montana-like legislation, this must be an organized show of force to WI Legislators. Get the NRA involved (NRA have said that they support Constitutional Carry in WI with an "optional" permit for those who travel). Get the Gun Owners of America involved. Schedule the rally on a weekend so that those who work can attend. Do a media blitz - get John Q. Citizen in northern Wisconsin to see why not getting Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin might some day threaten his ability to go out and kill Bamby or Thumper to feed his family. Be prepared with articulate spokes-persons to refute the lies of the anti-s. And - make the many thousands of persons rally an "Open Carry" rally.

This is my vision for Wisconsin.

Carry on my friends - Proudly Carry On.

anmut

Yes all very good points...

I think Saturday would still be a better day. And I would like to see WCI get behind this thread before we actually start nailing down dates.

Next would be to form some sort of Rally Committee (I know it sounds lame) to organize. We need the following volunteers:

1) Ad hangers (print out and hang all over the state, in every shop and tavern we can)

2) Phone ringers asking for donations

3) Print, radio & possibly small market TV ads (I'd say hit the north-woods with TV as it is more effective in pulling together people that live farther apart)

4) Rally Schematics - it'll take a few people to scout the best location, notify government (possibly apply for a permit) and gather whatever communication devices might be needed

5) Someone will have to arrange the guest speakers

There's a lot of work to do but I don't doubt that with enough advanced time and support it could happen.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Yes all very good points...

I think Saturday would still be a better day. And I would like to see WCI get behind this thread before we actually start nailing down dates.

Next would be to form some sort of Rally Committee (I know it sounds lame) to organize. We need the following volunteers:

1) Ad hangers (print out and hang all over the state, in every shop and tavern we can)

2) Phone ringers asking for donations

3) Print, radio & possibly small market TV ads (I'd say hit the north-woods with TV as it is more effective in pulling together people that live farther apart)

4) Rally Schematics - it'll take a few people to scout the best location, notify government (possibly apply for a permit) and gather whatever communication devices might be needed

5) Someone will have to arrange the guest speakers

There's a lot of work to do but I don't doubt that with enough advanced time and support it could happen.
I agree this Rally should be organized but let's keep it as simple as possible. Get a Permit, get a few guest speakers, done.
Communications devices >> I own a DJ service, i can supply a very nice PA system with Wireless Microphones, so we won't have to pay for one of those.

Our Theme... Let those who carry decide.

I am all for a weekend date. Yes, ABATE of Wisconsin got the Helmet law repealed in 1976, Tony Pan Sanfelipo the founder of ABATE of Wisconsin got it done. I personally know Tony & his wife Vicki.

We need to be quick about this Rally, a ccw bill will be introduced soon. We need to pick a date & stick with it. SO SATURDAY March 12th it will be. Let's all get the word out starting NOW. no waiting for this organization or that one to chime in. Make flyers on your home PC's get em to gun shops, email everyone ya now & post the event on every pro gun, tea party website you know. We have 7 weeks to get it done.

As far as >>(4) Rally Schematics - it'll take a few people to scout the best location, notify government (possibly apply for a permit) >> on the steps in front of the Capitol is where this needs to happen.

Last edited:

anmut

A very preliminary poster. DO NOT PRINT OUT! This is for criticism only.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cc-rally.jpg
    cc-rally.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 286
M

McX

let me know when you have something to be printed out and well put it up in the shop front window! (poster of event wise)

CalicoJack10

Count me in! If there is anything else I can do to help, just let me know. I will start putting the word out to the Veteran's Organizations, as many of the people I have dealt with, I have dealt with on the range.