• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning a CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY RALLY at the Capitol in Madison. Who is in ?

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
A CALL TO ACTION. Constitutional Carry Rally on the steps to the Capitol in Madison. on Tuesday March 15 2011
From 11:00am -1:00pm The we all go in and hammer our elected reps & Senators.

But if we can't get bare bones Minimum of 200 united constitutional carry people together. Then it's a waste of time. We need a show of Force.less than 200 would be a Joke. Everyone would need to make some cool tasteful Constitutional carry signs.

Getting 200 people together during the day on a weekday is going to be tough with people having jobs and all.
If interested PLEASE sign your name to this Thread. Thanks
If unable to attend,
A sign with a picture of me on a stick signed by me with address along with was unable to attend due to work!

M

McX

i cant go cause i have to work, my boss is a real weenie..........no wait, i'm the boss, oh well, i'm still a weenie. i like the idea of a pic on a stick, can i send my disorderly conduct ticket, and you can stick that, or suggest someone else stick it?

anmut

Tuesday is not a good day. This should be held on a Friday/Saturday. We will exclude too many who want to attend but can't due to work.

Let's shoot for 1000+ on the capitol steps. Use social networking and I'd like to see some print ads & radio ads. We'll need some donations for the latter of course but that can be done with enough persistence. If WCI has a list of friendly business I could donate some time to call and beg for a pledge.

I'm in - Nik, Hubert etc., what do you guys say?

anmut

Also, WCI should contact the NRA see if we can run this along side them. They have the means and people to get some real publicity and money involved.

anmut

One more thing I thought of - because we are fighting against additional taxes and expanded government this would be a great time to rally the local Tea Party groups. That is, if there are any in the Madison area.

This rally should have three main points:
- 2nd Amendment = Shall Not Infringe
- No Permit Tax to Exercise Rights
- No Expanded Government

protias

If unable to attend,
A sign with a picture of me on a stick signed by me with address along with was unable to attend due to work!
Same for me! I cannot go due to work. :(
i cant go cause i have to work, my boss is a real weenie..........no wait, i'm the boss, oh well, i'm still a weenie. i like the idea of a pic on a stick, can i send my disorderly conduct ticket, and you can stick that, or suggest someone else stick it?
You are no weenie. You are an honorable man!

...because of the totality of the circumstances. :p

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Tuesday is not a good day. This should be held on a Friday/Saturday. We will exclude too many who want to attend but can't due to work.

Let's shoot for 1000+ on the capitol steps. Use social networking and I'd like to see some print ads & radio ads. We'll need some donations for the latter of course but that can be done with enough persistence. If WCI has a list of friendly business I could donate some time to call and beg for a pledge.

I'm in - Nik, Hubert etc., what do you guys say?

Date Edited >> Friday, March 11th . Let's do it ! :)

M

McX

Same for me! I cannot go due to work. :(

You are no weenie. You are an honorable man!

...because of the totality of the circumstances. :p

thank you, but you forgot to add smart, good looking, and charming..........heh-heh.

oak1971

One more thing I thought of - because we are fighting against additional taxes and expanded government this would be a great time to rally the local Tea Party groups. That is, if there are any in the Madison area.

This rally should have three main points:
- 2nd Amendment = Shall Not Infringe
- No Permit Tax to Exercise Rights
- No Expanded Government

I went to a massive Madison Tea Party Rally in 2009. It's possible.

Last edited:

protias

thank you, but you forgot to add smart, good looking, and charming..........heh-heh.
Actually, I did not forget that! :p

I keed, I keed. Thank you for the work you've done on my car. I'm not sure I'd be that smart. As for good looking, well, I don't know. How can a guy say another guy is good looking? Charming? Sure, why not?! :D