• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning a CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY RALLY at the Capitol in Madison. Who is in ?

qball54208

Count me in! I do not care what day of the week/ed it falls on. All I really need is a date set in stone, so I can plan accordingly! I have an SUV, I can take 4 ppl incl me, from the Green Bay area, a little ching for gas and I'm good to go!

M

McX

may The Force be with all of you who attend, and i dont mean the police force either!

M

McX

someone should bring a copy of the Constitution, state and federal, in case they dont know or have copies of it to guide them by as the legislate on our behalf, of the people and for the people- so to speak.

jrclen

Count me in. I was in on the helmet repeal rallies too. They worked. I'll be there and I will print out and hang posters in my area when they are ready.

Last edited:

Resdon111

I'll plan to be there, but you should read this concerning open carry at the event.

City of Madison Statutes said:

It shall be unlawful for any person to possess, carry or go armed with any firearm on or about
their person within the City of Madison, unless the firearm is both unloaded and enclosed or
encased within a carrying case.
This provision does not apply to the following:
(a) Any peace officer or law enforcement officer.
(b) Any member of the armed forces or national guard while going armed in the line of duty;
(c) A correctional officer while going armed in the line of duty;
ETC ETC ETC

http://library.municode.com/HTML/50000/Chapter 25 - Offenses Against Public Safety.pdf

The list goes all the way to (Q), none of the allowances would apply to our situation

There is also restrictions that if not used in one of those legal capacities that the gun must have a trigger lock on it, as well as restrictions banning handguns with barrel lengths under four inches (sub-compacts beware). Food for thought, you might want to think about letting people know that they can't carry there.