Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene German News Flash

Gene German News Flash

This from an email:

It has been a while since I last sent you an Up-Date so I thought this would be a good time to get everyone caught up with what is going on in Madison.

New Day

The overall mood at the Capitol has greatly improved. Having said that there remain several very serious and pressing matters that need legislatorsí immediate attention. Frankly, passing a carry bill isnít one of them. Jobs, the economy and the budget have the undivided attention of everyone right now, as they should. The election did not fix these problems it only changed whose ideas to fix them have a chance of success. There is still a lot of heavy lifting ahead to do.

I can share with you a few details from 10,000 feet about what the next carry law will probably look like based upon reliable sources. However, the final details are still subject to the whims of the legislature. The next carry bill will have many different sets of fingerprints on it before it goes to the governor.

Most of the Constitutional Carry Strategy Worked

I am sorry to say that Constitutional carry (also known as unlicensed open carry) will probably not survive in the new carry law as I had hoped. Since early in 2007 a small group of people have worked very hard to reestablish the Constitutional carry rights of Wisconsin citizens and we are very proud of our accomplishments. We made no secret that reestablishing Constitutional carry per se was not the end game. It was but a small part of a much bigger strategy to pass a good carry law, no matter who the Governor was.

The good news is that legislators have come to appreciate that Constitutional carry is now and always has been the law of Wisconsin and yes, some restrictions apply. Prior to the first explorers stepping foot in Wisconsin in 1622 the Native Americans carried their weapons openly if they wished, even prior to the writing of the Constitution. This historical enlightenment over the public education system in just a few years was a huge achievement.

For reasons we can probably blame on the education system, demands for ďConstitutional carryĒ have been sent to a few legislators. I can not think of a better way for those people to loose all their credibility and become irrelevant in Madison than to waste a legislatorsí precious time needlessly asking for something they already have. Legislators are also sensitive to the growing unfavorable public opinion of open carriers.

Constitutional Carry Served its Main Purpose

I did speak to one Senator who voted against the last concealed carry bill and admitted to me that if he had known Constitutional carry was lawful in 2005, that he would have voted for the last concealed carry bill. The plan was to use Constitutional carry to flip enough legislators who voted no before, to change their vote to yes and over ride the next Doyle veto of a carry law. I believe we have more than enough votes to pass a carry law today even if Doyle had remained the governor.

Whatís Next?

A carry bill will probably be introduced sometime this spring or summer. As before, the next carry bill has bi-partisan support but unlike before, a two thirds super majority in the legislature will not be needed to pass the bill on to the Governor. What this means is the final bill should be a much better law with broad protections for both the permit holder and the community at large, but it will likely be a concealed carry law once again. Based upon the seriously sour mood toward open carriers, I have to question if open carry even with a carry permit will be possible. Time will tell.

Poster Child for Training

One last thing, letís not forget about Jesus Gonzales. His trial is set for February 28 for two counts of First Degree Intentional Homicide (one count is a Felony A and one count a Felony B). Folks training is mandatory. It only depends upon if the training occurs before your gun goes bang or after your gun goes bang. I can promise you the cost of training was much, much higher when completed after the gun goes bang for Jesus, the people who were shot and the taxpayers of the State of Wisconsin who may be told to provide Jesus room and board for a very long time.

You can follow his case here:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails...w+Case+Details

Believe me, Itís About Liberty, Your Liberty.

Gene German
    Minnesota DPS Certified - Senior AACFI Firearms Instructor

AACFI Wisconsin State Director

Wisconsin Patriots, Founder

Wisconsin Gun Rights Examiner
    This, from Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Lakes ......

McX
    i find it offensive to mention Mr. Gonzoles' plight in a document of this nature, and infer any amount of training would have changed the outcome of his encounter. SELF DEFENSE IS NOT A CRIME!~SELF DEFENSE DOES NOT REQUIRE TRAINING!

We need to remind him he doesn't speak for us. Asshat.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX

Angry

Gene Go prostitute your excriment somewhere else, wisconsinites have no use for a Judus We're not giving you thirty pieces of silver!,

By the way bringing up Jesus without all the facts was totally assnine of you !

I'll quit while your ahead !

Springfield 1911 via McX's rig http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/im...cons/icon8.png
    Angry

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Wow, What a complete and total azzhat!

Het Gene German. Please do the residents of the great state of Wisconsin a favor, and stay in MN

A permit to OC? We can carry now without one! WTF is he smoking?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Stay in Minnesota

I would strongly suggest that this person stay in Minnesota and peddle his garbage there. I'm wondering how much time and effort this clown has spent personally "souring" open carry to OUR legislators. Stay home.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

I like how he uses the word "liberty" after that piece of drivel. FOR SHAME.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    I like how he uses the word "liberty" after that piece of drivel. FOR SHAME.
    The saying goes, "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

What is he trying to accomplish?

let me tell you;

Gene German is trying to make it illegal for me to carry a sidearm for defensive purposes when I am out picking berries in the woods during the summer months.
    So according to him I can only defend myself against large carnivorous animals in the woods if I have permission from the government and I have completed a mandated training course!

What will this do for hunting? Will we all need to acquire carry permits to be able to hunt now too?

this idiot needs to be stopped! I do not care how it is done or where it is done, he needs to be stopped before he is able to damage my constitutionally guaranteed rights anymore!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I am sickened.

one thing I do not get is why this idiot(my opinion not that of anyone connected with this forum) is so concerned about our future carry rights, could it be this bonehead has an ulterior motive? I also have to wonder how people are actually giving this idiot( see previous parenthesis) money believing they are doing good only to screw themselves over.
    Last edited by JerryD; 01-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

It is obvious that Gene German thinks he "owns" the concealed carry initiative in Wisconsin. It is also obvious that he stands to make a lot money on a permitted system and he knows it. The effect of his arrogance is not to only frustrate the Constitutional Carry movement and undermine the Constitution as a whole, but he also tends to discredit instructors as a whole. He gives credence to the idea that instructors support permitting for their financial benefit. I know instructors on both sides of this. Some have seen the light and some are, with German, on the dark side.

In my mind he needs to keep his nose out Wisconsin's business and stay in Minnesota. Furthermore, no Wisconsinite should spend their money for the profit of this Minnesota instructor by taking any training at all from him. He can keep his classes on the other side of the Great River!

This person is incredibly vacuous, Having or showing a lack of thought or intelligence; mindless.

This is why it is so important to 'Write, speak, do."

We need to be heard above the drone of consciousless, self-aggrandizing, self-promoting gold diggers.

If we cannot be heard by word or deed, above the cacophonous roar of these money grubbers who will at our expense, spew untruths or half truths just as a means to their ends, we are lost. That is why when a letter must be sent, we all must send one. We all must make a phone call. We all must speak our mind and make our desire known.

Should we lose, it must not be for lack of decibel or content. It is each of our responsibilities, every one of us, to speak out and make our case known.

As for German's despicable use of Jesus for his own personal gain, it should be obvious to all that he does not care for Jesus' plight, so much as his own personal appearance of concern and his pocket book. Shame on you Gene.

Nuff said...

Hardballer out!

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Angry The gloves are off.

These are the actions of a sleazebag trying to feather his own nest by any means he can, including an attempt to use the plight of Jesus in the worst possible way. Notice also how he tries to muddy the waters by confusing Constitutional Carry with Open Carry. He will obviously do or say anything to gain his selfish ends.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    These are the actions of a sleazebag trying to feather his own nest by any means he can, including an attempt to use the plight of Jesus in the worst possible way. Notice also how he tries to muddy the waters by confusing Constitutional Carry with Open Carry. He will obviously do or say anything to gain his selfish ends.
    That is the problem with some one using a national podium and pseudo-intellect to push his nefarious agenda. This ****'s comments need to be countered. He needs to be shown as the money grubber he is. We need to use facts and point out that these legislators constituency have not connection with German.

He needs to be shown for the gold digger he is.

I cannot believe this idiot.
    A SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE! HE CALLED US A SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE!!!

Ted

Wisconsin Patriots

If you want to have a real good laugh, go here

http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com/

"Fight for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms" ya right

"We're moving!"

Can anyone explain what is "Wisconsin Gun Rights Examiner"

ok, I'll stop

btw, I sent him an email (genegerman@ccwtrainer.com ) to let him know how many friends he has here.
    Last edited by phred; 01-24-2011 at 12:13 PM.

The Wisconsin Patriots disbanded almost one year ago.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post

"We're moving!" - Hopefully to China

I guess I should have said

ok, I'll stop

btw, I sent him an email (genegerman@ccwtrainer.com ) to let him know how many friends he has here.
    sent.

Body of email: "Shut up."

Gene German, FAH-Q! ! ! !

If this flaming bunghole does get his way, I will absolutely not abide by any law that says I must have permission from a government agency before I can freely exercise my right to keep and bear arms.

I will continue to O-C without having a mandatory permit or training! This will easily be found unconstitutional by the most liberal of judges, even at the circuit court level. Requiring a permit to carry is a total evisceration of our rights!

With a little help from the "Master"

http://www.examiner.com/wisconsin-gu...ee/gene-german

He writes for the Examiner under the category of Gun Rights.

"We're moving!" - Hopefully to China

I guess I should have said

ok, I'll stop

I am looking forward to seeing his response, if any.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Got a response back from Gene:

Hi <protias>,

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I am very aware that Wisconsin is already a Constitutional carry state. I stated as much in a WCCA meeting back in 2007 after Doyle was reelected and was told that I was crazy. Jim Fendry has even called me a radical for reestablishing Constitutional carry and I thanked him for putting me in the same category as our founding fathers.

Unfortunately, you canít ďcarry when and where you pleaseĒ. For example;

* You can not even go buy a handgun and carry it home. How unconstitutional should that be? Say you own 41 handguns and still have to wait for #42?
    * You canít go into a government building paid for with public money while armed.
    * You can go fishing in a motor boat underway while armed.
    * You canít fly over the state in even a private airplane while armed.
    * You canít cross the plane inside a vehicle while armed.
    * You canít visit your state park armed so you can visit any National Park in Wisconsin while armed either.
    * Of course, both Federal and State laws prevent you from entering the 1,000 foot school zones which places most urban areas entirely off limits.
    * You canít carry less than lethal force such as a taser which makes no sense.
    * You canít visit other states while armed unless you get another states permit.
    * You canít go into a class B liquor establishment without documented permission.
    * You can not carry concealed.
    * There should not be any harassment for lawfully going armed in public.
    * Most importantly, if you carry a gun, you do not need to understand when it is and is not lawful to use it? Who do you think that protects?

Well, I am not crazy and yes you have Constitutional carry with all of its limitations and restrictions. If you hunt or fish, you must also accept the DNR rules and regulations. Why should the state ďtaxĒ you and grant you their permission within their rules to go catch, trap or shoot your food so you can exercise your God given right to eat?

Back to the topic, I think we can undo most if not all of the above restrictions and then some, and a carry law is the vehicle to do it. I originally proposed a dual system leaving Constitutional carry intact and then adding a permit system for those who want a permit. But today no one in Madison is willing to even consider that proposal anymore.

I figure if you carry a gun, you are willing to use it. If you can not afford training, then you probably can not afford the total cost to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger either. What used to keep me awake at night is what if I missed the bad guy and shot the wrong person? How am I going to pay for shooting a person like a little girl who had stepped behind the threat to me and who I never saw because I had target fixation?

I donít mean to bore you with training stuff but some people are carrying lethal force which could ruin many lives if the gun is used. Yeah, itís a right but it is also a very serious responsibility. None of this is covered in the Hunter Safety course.

I can talk to legislators just as you can. It is up to those legislators to write the law that they want to send to the governor. Otherwise it really doesnít matter who agrees with me or not or who likes me or not. I am not about getting the credit or making a bunch of money from donations so I donít beat my chest or get my back up. I am always armed so I do not let things people may say on a forum bother me. I donít even read them.

But I liked your email.

Regards,

Gene German
    The part where he says if a person cannot afford training probably can't afford a trial, well, perhaps we also need a stand your ground law?! I'm not even going to comment on the last paragraph. Ok, I will. Like hell is isn't going to make a bunch of money from donations and training!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Got a response back from Gene:

At least you got one. You should be honored.

I guess he didn't like mine.
    Last edited by phred; 01-22-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast