• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc'ed in joplin today!

jeepsnfish

I oc'ed for the first time in joplin today. It was very nerve racking but also very gratifying. I walked into the store, guy looks at my face, quickly noticed my 9mm, then back up and simply asked how he could help me. Took care of business and walked out, no problems! I only wish I had more errands to run today!:banana:

Cracker06

Haven't really ran into any problems. Got my first crazy look today at Taco Bell on Rangeline. Had a few people notice at McD noone said anything though. Keep me posted on your next outing :banana:

EyeHog

I have been lurking here for a month or so. Still haven't OC'd in Joplin (or anywhere.) Glad to see a report from someone else who has. I frequent that Taco Bell often, maybe it will be my first stop.

Cracker06

OC all the time in Joplin no problem. Went to Academy yesterday and ask if it was alright and they said it was all good.

goalseter88

OC all the time in Joplin no problem. Went to Academy yesterday and ask if it was alright and they said it was all good.

generally, i wouldnt ask. i learned that the hard way:( i asked a couple places in springfield, and was told no. but then i have others go and not ask, and they wouldnt have an issue. we came to the conclusion to not ask, that just makes them think it will be a problem. and then they just say no, so they dont have to worry about the issue.

i not saying you cant ask. i just telling you guys what experience i gotten from that. you can do whatever you feel is right.

Cracker06

Normally I dont ask. Since they don't let you carry guns out after you purchase them. Even though there was no gun sign I decide to ask anyways. He asked if it was loaded I reply yes and recite Missouri law and Joplin ordinance. He got on the phone with his manager gave me the ok. Come to find out the gentleman that assisted mekist moved here from Cali. That about it. Just got back from Hasting noone notice. Once again success.