• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you carry extra rounds when you carry?

Do you carry extra rounds?

• yes, no matter what, OC or CC, I always have spares to reload

Votes: 57 67.9%
  • Only if I am OCing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, but only when I carry certain firearms.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Nope!

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

emtechnik

Just wondering how much ammo the general OC (or even CC) crowd carries! Does the amount of ammo you carry depend if you are OCing or CCing? perhaps does it depend on the type of piece you're carrying (revolver/semi-auto)?
:)

emtechnik

Pistol on right hip, 7 round clip
Left hip two spare 7 round clips.

yeah, i'd be carrying extras if mine had a lower capacity like that :p In my M&P9c I carry 12+1 and as of yesterday (when i got the mag holster) I'm carrying 25 total. I figure that unless it's just me against Hans Gruber's entire group at the Nakatomi Plaza I shouldn't need any more than that :lol:

rodbender

Absolutely.

Para P14-45 on my right with 15 rounds
2 14 rounds mags on my left side
43 rounds of .45 ACP at my disposal
All Federal HST's
2 shot .38 Special derringer in a pocket loaded with hydroshoks.

"I don't want to get killed from lack of shooting back".
From "Unforgiven"

emtechnik

If you don't, you are either foolish or just hoping you don't need more.

I used to carry a S&W J-frame .38 revolver but didn't carry any extras because i dislike the bulk of the speeloader. That, and I didn't even like the gun to begin with :lol: I was one who hoped I didn't need more. Anywho those days are gone :p

mark-in-texas

When carrying the Glock 23; 10 rnds in gun (only mags I have for it) plus full size G22 mag with a +2 extention. Springfield XD; 16 in gun and 16 rnd mag. Extras on opposite hip make carry more comfortable acting as counterbalances.

MK

I have a 10 round magazine in the gun and an 8 round magazine for a reload. If I run out of that much ammo then I plan to throw the gun at them just like they do on T.V..

I would like to buy another magazine and if I wanted too I could take the one out of my other handgun and bring it along, but I feel secure with the amount I've been carrying so I am not too worried about it.

MKEgal

One of the reasons I chose the pistol I have (Glock 17) is the capacity.
The regular magazines hold 17, so if I bought a +2 baseplate I could have 20 rounds.
As it is, I "only" carry 18.
If I can't get myself out of trouble with that many, I really wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. (Or there's a riot that just popped up.)
Chances are I'll never have to draw against another person, let alone fire.

All that being said, my smaller, more concealable pistol only holds 10, & I feel a little light carrying that one.

AFPVet

I only carry a double mag pouch with my Sig P220. With my Glock 20, I have 15+ rounds of 10mm on tap... enough said :cool:

Last edited:

Shovelhead

I don't carry 'extras', I carry 'enough' rounds (I hope) to deal with 'normal' situations.
1911 & two reloads.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

I don't carry 'extras', I carry 'enough' rounds (I hope) to deal with 'normal' situations.
1911 & two reloads.
Here here
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
. XD45 with one extra mag, 27 rnds.

Freedom First

17 rounds of .45ACP hollow point accupuncture...

The ol' PT-945 is 8+1 and I carry a second 8 round mag. My hope/plan/desire is to extract myself from the situation, not fight it out. Since I often travel with a wife and four kids, I work hard to look for trouble BEFORE it would start since I am no ninja/Chuck Norris...

Plus strapping on 40 rounds of .45ACP would drag my drawers to the ground...:shocker:

zack991

With my custom Colt 1911, I carry two 8 round mags and a 7 round mag with CORBON 165 Gr +P Pow'R Ball

Last edited:

hogeaterf6

I voted no. My Bersa has 15+1. If I cant hit my target with 15 rounds then..... I do have a extra mag in my truck. I have my gun on the left hip and 2 pagers on the right. I really dont need more stuff on my pants. I will throw the extra mag in the saddle bag when I travel.
I hunt with a single shot shotgun. 5 extra slugs on the stock. I'm use to not wasting ammo.