• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More gun control bills introduced

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Rep. McCarthy introduces magazine ban bill

In the aftermath of the attempted murder of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords earlier this month, lawmakers on Capitol Hill have proposed a cluster of gun control measures ranging from a ban to knowingly carrying a firearm within 1,000 feet of certain high profile government officials to a proposal to allow members of Congress to carry firearms in the U.S. Capitol. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy formally introduced her own bill on the House floor Tuesday

Can you believe this JUNK? She wants members of congress to be able to carry in our U.S. capitol, but not us law abiding citizens?? The people that this lady works for wants more rights than us?? This is about the dumbest bill I have heard of, whats your opinions???

NRAMARINE

They think themselves above us mere mortals. Plain and simple. The ancient Athenians had a wonderful tradition, on the last day of any public official's term, they were arrested and put on trial. If they were found to act within the confines of the law, they were freed and given a generous retirement. If they set themselves above the people they served, and used their office for their own advantage, they were banished. In severe cases of abuse, they were executed. Seeing how Athens was the cradle of democracy, maybe we should bring this policy back.