Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Meet & Eat; Culvers, Viroqua, Feb 12

OC Meet & Eat; Culvers, Viroqua, Feb 12

TIME 1 - 3 pm

Time for us near the west coast to have an OC get together.

Look forward to seeing new faces, seeing old ones and making new friends.

God Bless & Carry On

TIME CHANGE 1-3
    Last edited by Woodchuck; 02-10-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: time change

If I don't have to work, I'll plan on being there.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

bump

glad to see this up, did it through my new phone and it kept bumping me off, didn't think it was on here

Anyway, Really hope to meet up with a bunch of ya and meet some new like minded people.

I'm in. Looks like the fam will be comming also.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I have contacted Rep. Nerison via email and invited him, no response as of yet. Kapanke has also been invited via email and we hope he makes it as well.

I will be there on Saturday and will be bringing a co-worker.

Glad to hear it, See you there.

Have to work till noon so time changing to 1 - 3 pm. Hope to see a bunch there.

I'm stuck studying for 3 exams on Monday

I'll be watching for future get togethers and will most likely be at the next Delavan Carry since my clinicals are cancelled until next quarter.
    Last edited by Passive101; 02-12-2011 at 11:35 AM.

I guess culvers is not oc friendly

Looks like it was posted as no carry today when Johnnyamish and Woodchuck got there. McDonalds is oc friendly so they went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Canard View Post
    Looks like it was posted as no carry today........
    That sucks! It would seem we have certain people watching our forum, might be time we start planning some events with known carriers instead of being open and transparent. Of course then they will say we showed up in mass looking to bait them .

McX
    damn it.

Say what?

After everything that happened last year in Madison? I thought the corp chimps said they would follow what the law was?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Say what?

After everything that happened last year in Madison? I thought the corp chimps said they would follow what the law was?
    they follow what they are told to by ?

Space chimps?

The word on Facebook is that they (Culvers) took the signs down after our OCers left. So it's a rogue manager sleeping with a WAVE ghoul?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Space chimps?

The word on Facebook is that they (Culvers) took the signs down after our OCers left. So it's a rogue manager sleeping with a WAVE ghoul?
    i think aliens or zombies, but i'm that way.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Space chimps?

I emailed that store as well as Culver's Corporate. We shall see tomorrow at Newville what happens.

Culvers Viroqua

I got to Viroqua about 1:20 or 1:30 with a coworker and found nobody there. Nobody from WCI. The doors were posted "No unauthorized firearms allowed" so I spoke to Mark, the manager. He told me that the owner had called him and told him to post the signs in order to keep his other customers comfortable and at ease. He asked about the chances of concealed carry passing and I told him my opinion was that we will get some form of concealed passed. I also told him that we in Wisconsin do not want more permits, regulations and cumbersome governmental agencies connected with a future system. I also told him that I had never been to a Culvers and that now I am skeptical. He then invited both of us in for a free meal. Why not, I'd just drove 75 miles and had no idea where to eat. We left sometime after 2pm, possibly close to 2:30 and the signs were still on the doors at that time. He also said that a phone call will be coming from the owner on Monday, to whoever it was that initially talked to him.

Hopefully the next get together will be confirmed beforehand. But I do appreciate the effort that was put into this meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    I got to Viroqua about 1:20 or 1:30 with a coworker and found nobody there. Nobody from WCI. The doors were posted "No unauthorized firearms allowed" so I spoke to Mark, the manager. He told me that the owner had called him and told him to post the signs in order to keep his other customers comfortable and at ease. He asked about the chances of concealed carry passing and I told him my opinion was that we will get some form of concealed passed. I also told him that we in Wisconsin do not want more permits, regulations and cumbersome governmental agencies connected with a future system. I also told him that I had never been to a Culvers and that now I am skeptical. He then invited both of us in for a free meal. Why not, I'd just drove 75 miles and had no idea where to eat. We left sometime after 2pm, possibly close to 2:30 and the signs were still on the doors at that time. He also said that a phone call will be coming from the owner on Monday, to whoever it was that initially talked to him.

Sorry we missed you Krusty.
    Woodchuck talked with the manager when we arrived and he told us the same thing. We went to McDonalds and could not get the phone to work to post the change of location.
    I have never had a problem with that store as I have carried in there dozens of times. Funny thing is the signs were down by 3:30pm. Seems obvious they were waiting for us and after they thought we were gone it was buisness as usual.
    McDonalds did not mind the extra proffit today, you would be surprised how much some ocers with wives and children can spend, a good time was had by all.
    Culvers in Viroqua is now off limits to me and my family, I will tell everyone I can as to how they treated us. They knew we were comming and rather than posting on this forum letting us know they did not want us there, they let us drive some distance only to chase us away.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    There is a Contact form on the Culver web site. There is a 'general comment' and a comment about a specific store. I would suggest (and I did) leaving comments on both so that they know how many people were turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    There is a Contact form on the Culver web site. There is a 'general comment' and a comment about a specific store. I would suggest (and I did) leaving comments on both so that they know how many people were turned away.
    +1 on that.
    Culvers needs to know that we pay attention.
    Culvers has a FB page but some of them are specific to a location and I could not find one for Viroqua. I don't want to post something on a general page because we might have a very isolated problem here. As far as I can tell up until this Culvers has earned our buisness.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Here is some contact info.

Culver's of Viroqua, WI
    1002 N. Main Street
    Viroqua, WI 54665

608-637-8444
    FAX 608-637-8392

http://www.culvers.com/contact/
    Last edited by johnny amish; 02-12-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Get With It!!!

Get it, Post your objections on Culvers FB.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Space chimps?

Were at on FB?? If so, the manager (or whoever put up/said to put up those signs should be be fired. Big question, why were the signs put up?? Is this a result of a WAVE attack against OC? First F&F, now Culvers??

NRA when are you going into action??
    Last edited by Flipper; 02-13-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast