• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet & Eat; Culvers, Viroqua, Feb 12

Woodchuck

TIME 1 - 3 pm

Time for us near the west coast to have an OC get together.

Look forward to seeing new faces, seeing old ones and making new friends.

God Bless & Carry On

TIME CHANGE 1-3

Last edited:

Woodchuck

bump

glad to see this up, did it through my new phone and it kept bumping me off, didn't think it was on here

Anyway, Really hope to meet up with a bunch of ya and meet some new like minded people.

Passive101

I'm stuck studying for 3 exams on Monday :(

I'll be watching for future get togethers and will most likely be at the next Delavan Carry since my clinicals are cancelled until next quarter.

Last edited:

Canard

I guess culvers is not oc friendly

Looks like it was posted as no carry today when Johnnyamish and Woodchuck got there. McDonalds is oc friendly so they went there.

Jason in WI

Looks like it was posted as no carry today........

:cuss: That sucks! It would seem we have certain people watching our forum, might be time we start planning some events with known carriers instead of being open and transparent. Of course then they will say we showed up in mass looking to bait them :banghead:.

HandyHamlet

Say what?

After everything that happened last year in Madison? I thought the corp chimps said they would follow what the law was?

HandyHamlet

Space chimps?

The word on Facebook is that they (Culvers) took the signs down after our OCers left. So it's a rogue manager sleeping with a WAVE ghoul?

Krusty

Culvers Viroqua

I got to Viroqua about 1:20 or 1:30 with a coworker and found nobody there. Nobody from WCI. The doors were posted "No unauthorized firearms allowed" so I spoke to Mark, the manager. He told me that the owner had called him and told him to post the signs in order to keep his other customers comfortable and at ease. He asked about the chances of concealed carry passing and I told him my opinion was that we will get some form of concealed passed. I also told him that we in Wisconsin do not want more permits, regulations and cumbersome governmental agencies connected with a future system. I also told him that I had never been to a Culvers and that now I am skeptical. He then invited both of us in for a free meal. Why not, I'd just drove 75 miles and had no idea where to eat. We left sometime after 2pm, possibly close to 2:30 and the signs were still on the doors at that time. He also said that a phone call will be coming from the owner on Monday, to whoever it was that initially talked to him.

Hopefully the next get together will be confirmed beforehand. But I do appreciate the effort that was put into this meeting.

johnny amish

I got to Viroqua about 1:20 or 1:30 with a coworker and found nobody there. Nobody from WCI. The doors were posted "No unauthorized firearms allowed" so I spoke to Mark, the manager. He told me that the owner had called him and told him to post the signs in order to keep his other customers comfortable and at ease. He asked about the chances of concealed carry passing and I told him my opinion was that we will get some form of concealed passed. I also told him that we in Wisconsin do not want more permits, regulations and cumbersome governmental agencies connected with a future system. I also told him that I had never been to a Culvers and that now I am skeptical. He then invited both of us in for a free meal. Why not, I'd just drove 75 miles and had no idea where to eat. We left sometime after 2pm, possibly close to 2:30 and the signs were still on the doors at that time. He also said that a phone call will be coming from the owner on Monday, to whoever it was that initially talked to him.

Sorry we missed you Krusty.
Woodchuck talked with the manager when we arrived and he told us the same thing. We went to McDonalds and could not get the phone to work to post the change of location.
I have never had a problem with that store as I have carried in there dozens of times. Funny thing is the signs were down by 3:30pm. Seems obvious they were waiting for us and after they thought we were gone it was buisness as usual.
McDonalds did not mind the extra proffit today, you would be surprised how much some ocers with wives and children can spend, a good time was had by all.
Culvers in Viroqua is now off limits to me and my family, I will tell everyone I can as to how they treated us. They knew we were comming and rather than posting on this forum letting us know they did not want us there, they let us drive some distance only to chase us away.

paul@paul-fisher.com

There is a Contact form on the Culver web site. There is a 'general comment' and a comment about a specific store. I would suggest (and I did) leaving comments on both so that they know how many people were turned away.