• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Observation from Puyallup gunshow today

DEROS72

That was the busiest Iv'e seen it in a while.As GoGo said we passed out alot of pamphlets and talked to alot of of folks.Some of the most common comments I got were "yeah it may be legal but the cops hassle you" They are quite surprised when they see some iof the pics and here our experiences.
One goof i was talking to was saying that he new it was legal but all the different city ordances will get you in trouble.Especially where he lived in Moses Lake where he said they had gun ban signs in the city parks. I was getting a little preturbed.I explained State preemption, that we have been instumental in getting many cities to take the signs down.Also about the Seattle ban and how it was defeated.Why don't they fight that out there as well?
HEres what really chapped my a$$.He said it wasn't worth the hassle so he and his friends leave there guns at home.I really have a problem with people like that ,cowards that won't take a stand because it might be a hassle.Even when its right.They let the politicians DICTATE as they bow and cower to their percieved authority.Yet these are sometimes the ones that bitch the loudest when they loose their rights.Makes me more thankful for the people I hang with.

We had a great bunch helping and stopping by,GoGo who no one out logics.Paddy,Ed the new guy who did a super job first time doing the table.Flanders moving mountains of shirts and stickers.KWIEBE stopped by,Triggerdoc,Phoneguy,and of course Squeak who just sat in his underwear and scratched.Somefolks found that odd.HE won a new gun ya know...he'll tell you!

The Chaplin for the Des Moines police happened to stop by.He asked me if we ever had problems with their officers.I said no .He said its because of our efforts,the defeat of the parks ban training bulletins and all the rest has convinced them to basically leave us be.Also he said Tom Brewster's incident had a great infuence on the way they conduct themselves with open carry.So as you can see all of you are making a huge impact in keeping our Constitutional rights.

Dave Workman who said he will again speak at our 2A rally.

Yeah ,I get to hang with some awesome folks.....It's one of the things that keep me going.
Was a good day!

amlevin

While reading your third paragraph I wondered how your Heart Monitor was doing. Probably looked like that gadget that monitors Lightning Strikes for the weather bureau.

If more people like the ones you spoke with from Moses Lake would take time to read the pamphlet you were handing out they wouldn't be leaving their guns at home. Unfortunately, ignorance just breeds more ignorance.

bikemutt

I understand the frustration passionate OC's must feel when hearing folks like the guy from Moses Lake coughing up excuses. However I don't necessarily agree that's it's always a result of cowardice. The reality is it can be costly to be right. For many people the risk of causing a stir, possibly being arrested for breaking some no-weapons-allowed law, or worse, being accused of terrorizing a bystander, is simply not a burden they are willing to bear, even though they may be right, and vindicated.

I think you guys who fight the good fight to OC are very brave, and I have nothing but admiration for you. In this case though, I don't believe bravery and cowardice are the two sides of the same coin. Just my 2 cents :)

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
This is a good time for someone in the Moses Lake area to step up, there is no lack of resources or help to assist them in moving this ahead.

All it takes is for someone to have enough desire to stand up and say something instead of just sitting and waiting for someone else to do it for them.

amlevin

This is a good time for someone in the Moses Lake area to step up, there is no lack of resources or help to assist them in moving this ahead.

All it takes is for someone to have enough desire to stand up and say something instead of just sitting and waiting for someone else to do it for them.

Considering that Moses Lake is in the middle of the state, most of their people probably figure they're in the middle when it comes to any argument. Neither one side or the other.
7.gif

DEROS72

I wonder where we would be if the folks that stood up agaist the Brits would have said,Well you know I have a family so I don't want to cause problems ,I may get fired.You know taking on the British could be a big hassle and we may end up in front of a firing squad .These guys are the first Veterans.Folks think they wrote the Declaration of independence and it was done.It took11 years to win the freedoms we have.These guys left their families,their farms,their shops for years knowing they may never see it all again.But they never ever quit because it was a hassle or they might get arrested or whatever.
Many in this state ,not just open carry have been to court and dealt with hassles to keep our rights.Not to mention those oversees now who put it all on the line.Or those of us Vets here just on this board that lived in horrid conditions away from our families protecting those freedoms. How dare anyone do less!
The parks gun ban was defeated and Seattle had to take down their signs.So if you go to a park armed in Moses Lake for ex.so what if a cop hassles you.You have precedent on your side.Some of these cops count on people just caving in because they are all about their own egos and agendas.One can say no to an officer! If one is carrying and a cop asked for ID because you are carrying and no crime has been commited ,why would you show him ID.It's non of their business who we are.
As far as folks saying it scares them..SO!
So lets all stand up for our right to bear arms or loose it.

I guess we'll go to Moses Lake and have a big gathering in one of the parks.We had a gathering in Vancouver at a park as we walked by the gun ban signs.The LE their didn't say anything.

Notice m1gunr leaning on the park sign that said guns are banned.And Gray holding one of the signs taken down from Seattle parks. So why again would someone disarm before going to the park in Moses Lake???

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

This is all I have to say.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

Pick a date for Moses Lake I'll be there.

Jephz0r

Count me in. I was more than happy to be there for the gun show today with Paddy and the others. I finally took the time to re-register btw (yes I finally got off my butt and did it!), and I can say that seeing the events in plain view and having updates here works out better than asking by word of mouth all the time.

I'm just curious as to how that event would turn out if we went to a park open carrying and the police showed up looking to cuff a couple of people. I fortunately haven't run into any such activity no matter where I have been in Lakewood or Tacoma, same with Puyallup.

Anyways to get back onto the gun show, it went great I thought. It was nice to see as many people coming up even asking about shirts, but also to generally talk and ask questions about Open Carry. I was quite pleased with the amount of people I saw coming up as I was browsing around after Paddy had run off.

Just my two cents.

DEROS72

Agreed and those are the ones that would fold like a lawn chair if they were threatend if they didn't turn in their guns.These are the folks that if they the gov declared an emergency and said we had to turn in firearms would clamouring to get in the front of the line so they wouldn't inconvenience thier families.

"those that would give up freedom for safety deserve neither" BEn Franklin

Trigger Dr

As the wife and I were returning from the gunshow today, we stopped and walked across the narrows bridge, just for the exercise. Bad luck hit us as she slipped and fell. Her gun went over the side and as I tried to catch it, Mine fell out of my serpa and went in the water too. I don't know what to do as those were the only two guns we had left.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
As the wife and I were returning from the gunshow today, we stopped and walked across the narrows bridge, just for the exercise. Bad luck hit us as she slipped and fell. Her gun went over the side and as I tried to catch it, Mine fell out of my serpa and went in the water too. I don't know what to do as those were the only two guns we had left.

Damm serpa holsters. They'll get you every time. :D

FMCDH

Wait a minute, I thought you lost all your guns in a "boating accident" a few months back...or was that someone else?

Dang, those boating accidents are just so common, its hard to keep track of all the losses. There has got to be an entire "arsenal" at the bottom of Lake Washington by now.

<taps plays in the background for the pair of lost pistols> :cry: ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Wait a minute, I thought you lost all your guns in a "boating accident" a few months back...or was that someone else?

Dang, those boating accidents are just so common, its hard to keep track of all the losses. There has got to be an entire "arsenal" at the bottom of Lake Washington by now.

I've never understood the 9th Commandment against bearing false Witness.

Why on earth would anybody carry a counterfeit EAA semi-auto?

:D

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

I did, but bought two more last week. good thing it happened with a witness. ( would not want to carry those)

Last edited:

jbone

SNIP...cowards that won't take a stand because it might be a hassle.Even when its right.They let the politicians DICTATE as they bow and cower to their percieved authority.

They must have been blood of the same loyalist cowardly trash we had to content with during our fight for independence.