Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Stopped several robberies and a RAPE tonight while OC-ing......

I Stopped several robberies and a RAPE tonight while OC-ing......

I read all the time where people say I should "only CC my firearm" because someone will either "just shoot me first" or "grab my weapon from me" and shoot others.

When I ask for links or PROOF that this is happening on any scale that I should worry, they always say "IT COULD HAPPEN".

It didn't, and there is no documented accounts, but the POSSIBILITY makes their assertions "true".

So here's MY story......

I assert that on my OC travels tonight, I was responsible for the PREVENTION of FIVE robberies, one carjacking, and One RAPE.

Wife and I went to town and ate a burger.
    We went INSIDE the A&W, ordered, ate, and left.... and noone robbed the joint while me and my gun were there.

Went into a "quick stop" and bought a cold drink.
    Noone robbed the joint while I was there.

Went into the Winn Dixie and got some bread.

Drove around town and noone carjacked us.

I was not robbed.

My wife was not robbed.

My wife was not Raped.

See.
    It DOES work as crime prevention.

Now.......

You may think I am being funny, but I am not.
    I am totally SERIOUS.

And if anyone wants to DISPUTE my assertions, feel free.
    But I want PROOF that noone thought about any of the above prevented crimes, and did not choose to refrain because of me and my OC'd GUN.

Feel free to post ALL depositions here on this thread.
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so hard to understand ???

James: Ain't this a little showy, Pa? I mean with the guns out an' all?

Big Jake: James, don't be fooled. They all know what's in this box, and they all want it. what we're doin' with this audacious DISplay is tellin' 'em they can't have it. Who knows, we may be savin' some poor miscreant soul's life this way.

www.dixieleather.com - www.dixiepreparedness.org

Way to go. Your post wreaks with common sense. You have my support.

McX
    you wont get any arguement out of me, i am in total agreement. we never know the crimes that dont happen, because someone sees us, even if we dont see them. at our place we have 4 confirmed crimes prevented, just what we know of. our reputation for being an armed facility proceeds us in the community, and probably in the criminal world, so who knows how many conversations have gone like this:

dirtbag1: i know a place we can hit: McX's joint, down on balnkety blank street.
    dirtbag2; no way fool, they be crazy, they carry guns there, i aint gonna go there and get shot
    dirtbag1; yeah, i suppose, lets pick somewhere else.

how many times has this conversation taken place, we werent there, there is no proof it did, but more importantly there is no proof it didnt!

It is hard to quantify a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    dirtbag1: i know a place we can hit: McX's joint, down on balnkety blank street.
    dirtbag2; no way fool, they be crazy, they carry guns there, i aint gonna go there and get shot
    dirtbag1; yeah, i suppose, lets pick somewhere else.
    yes, lets pick a place where 'no firearms' sign is posted.......................

Voluntarily scrubbed due to lack of relevancy to topic.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 01-23-2011 at 06:39 PM.

This OP is BRILLIANT...

I would like to use this in the future, if you don't mind...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by marionmedic
    So here's MY story...
    I assert that on my OC travels tonight, I was responsible for the PREVENTION of FIVE robberies, one carjacking, and One RAPE.
    Brilliant!
    Abso-blippin'-lutely brilliant.
    I would change one thing, though - I think you prevented at least 2 rapes.
    Neither you nor your wife were attacked.

Banned
    Those crimes can only be reasonably labeled as "stopped" if you knew they were going to happen if you had not OCed, which you clearly did not know.

Rationality makes good arguments; assumptions don't.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Those crimes can only be reasonably labeled as "stopped" if you knew they were going to happen if you had not OCed, which you clearly did not know.

Ummm. I think that's his point; he's using the anti-gunners' own fallacious reasoning against them.

Great idea, I think.

"Citizen" is right. You sort of missed the point there "Eye95"...

This is the same thing I've been saying for over 2 years--we (the pro 2A crowd) need to WISE UP and start using the power of language, persuasion, and Public Relations like we are an Advertising Firm, NOT like we are a high school Algebra teacher. Dry, factual, and truthful don't cut it when you're trying to change mass opinion.

As wonderful as it would be if the whole American Public could think rationally, process facts in a meaningful way, and listen to reason, the fact is that the VAST majority of people on this planet are fundamentally incapable of deep, rational though (either because they were born that way, or were made that way through chemical, educational, and pharmaceutical dumbing-down).

But they DO get hyperbole. It sells cars. It sells toothpaste. It sells TVs, refridgerators, life insurance, and cat food.

And you can DAMN SURE be certain it sells beliefs. Hyperbole has sold religion for millennia. It has sold political beliefs for centuries. And it CAN be harnessed to bring the Masses into our folds.

We don't need for them to be convinced that THEY should carry. We don't even need for them to believe that we are right. We just need to convince the Masses that the fear mongers on the "anti" side--the ones talking about "wild west parking arguments" and "blood in the food courts of the malls" are full of ****, and that law-abiding citizens are, in fact law-abiding, and have a positive impact on society.

We don't need to document specific instances where an OCer ACTUALLY stopped or prevented a crime. We just need to show that OCers don't CAUSE crime, and that crimes almost never happen around them--which is more than the anti's can say about their "gun free zones"...

Read Bernays. Read Orwell. Read Alinsky. Read the enemy--they have some REALLY good ideas. Just because the "bad guys" wrote the book on PR, doesn't mean that we--the Good Guys--can't co-opt some of their most effective tactics to use against them...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marionmedic View Post
    ...You may think I am being funny, but I am not.
    I am totally SERIOUS...
    Just thought I'd remind everyone of the point the poster was making: exactly the one he said he was making.

Founder's Club Member
    Just thought I'd remind everyone of the point the poster was making: exactly the one he said he was making.
    Yes. I saw that, too. I took it to mean he was serious that we should use their tactics against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Yes. I saw that, too. I took it to mean he was serious that we should use their tactics against them.
    I read it the same way. And the logic is nicely turned.

I read all the time where people say I should "only CC my firearm" because someone will either "just shoot me first" or "grab my weapon from me" and shoot others.

When I ask for links or PROOF that this is happening on any scale that I should worry, they always say "IT COULD HAPPEN".

It didn't, and there is no documented accounts, but the POSSIBILITY makes their assertions "true".

So here's MY story......

Wife and I went to town and ate a burger.
    We went INSIDE the A&W, ordered, ate, and left.... and noone robbed the joint while me and my gun were there.

Went into a "quick stop" and bought a cold drink.

Went into the Winn Dixie and got some bread.

Drove around town and noone carjacked us.

I was not robbed.

My wife was not robbed.

My wife was not Raped.

See.
    It DOES work as crime prevention.

Now.......

You may think I am being funny, but I am not.
    I am totally SERIOUS.

And if anyone wants to DISPUTE my assertions, feel free.
    But I want PROOF that noone thought about any of the above prevented crimes, and did not choose to refrain because of me and my OC'd GUN.

Feel free to post ALL depositions here on this thread.
    The same thing can be said about 500 stop signs in town where there was no rapes, murders, assaults .... so in your view Stop Signs Prevent Crimes since no crime occurred there on the same night you were else where.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Read Orwell... Read the enemy
    Wait, why was Orwell the "enemy"?

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Wait, why was Orwell the "enemy"?
    Membership in the Royal Institute for International Affairs.

Funded by Cecil Rhodes, et.al. Author of "predictive programming" novels, used to introduce the public to the real plans for the future of the Anglo-American ruling aristocracy.

General all-around shill and mouthpiece for the NWO...

Need more?
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Membership in the Royal Institute for International Affairs.

Funded by Cecil Rhodes, et.al. Author of "predictive programming" novels, used to introduce the public to the real plans for the future of the Anglo-American ruling aristocracy.

General all-around shill and mouthpiece for the NWO...

Need more?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    The same thing can be said about 500 stop signs in town where there was no rapes, murders, assaults .... so in your view Stop Signs Prevent Crimes since no crime occurred there on the same night you were else where.
    NO.

The 500 stop signs provided control on the flow of traffic during those few hours and prevented 1500 traffic accidents in which 4000 innocent children would have died.

But thank you for confirming my line of thinking with your analogy.

If a person is some kinda anti-gun whacko or something.......
    You really wanna play this game ???

I'll eat you alive and hurt your feelings cause I deal in FACTS not "beliefs".
    And I use ANY of your analogies to show where I am right.

But don't get mad at me..... I learned it from the lefty commie gun-control fanatics.
    Last edited by marionmedic; 01-26-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so hard to understand ???

James: Ain't this a little showy, Pa? I mean with the guns out an' all?

Big Jake: James, don't be fooled. They all know what's in this box, and they all want it. what we're doin' with this audacious DISplay is tellin' 'em they can't have it. Who knows, we may be savin' some poor miscreant soul's life this way.

www.dixieleather.com - www.dixiepreparedness.org

NO.
    The 500 stop signs provided control on the flow of traffic during those few hours and prevented 1500 traffic accidents in which 4000 innocent children would have died.
    What are you... some kinda anti-gun whacko or something????
    But don't get mad at me..... I learned it from the lefty commie gun-control fanatics.
    When I read this post of yours I took it as a joke, who in their right mind could actually accept this as fact, Oh Hey I Stopped A Rape Because I Was Here and no evidence of a crime was about to or did occur.

Well fire away prove with facts you prevented any crime while open carrying, I would love to be able to cite it.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

NO.

If a person is some kinda anti-gun whacko or something.......

Poor editing here as you can see my above post with your original post in the quote.

Don't make it personal now, we are discussing your statement, I guess you believe as fact, I do not.

who's got the popcorn...

While many would like to accept the statement that open carry stops crime, there is no more proof of supporting that then one could say that just ones presence deterred a crime.
    Is there a possibility open carrying may avoid someone committing a crime? maybe but your statement as to you stopped several robberies and a rape tonight is telling a fairy tale.

The only way one could substantiate a claim of stopping a crime just by open carrying and your presence is in actually doing just that, stop a crime in progress.

There are far more who are not noticed carrying openly then there are those that have encounters. Unfortunately there are many of those encounters are just by a few who can be viewed as looking for attention, making up encounters to a hand full of legitimate cold encounters.

It comes down to while we are legally armed and each of us will make that choice at that point in time to intervene in incident being it physical force or deadly force.

It is far more important to be prepared and carrying daily then it is to fill our egos that just by being there we are stopping societies troubled.

Lightbulb .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast