• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perhaps there WILL be justice for Tyrone Brown's shooting death after all...

Dreamer

http://thedailyrecord.com/2011/01/18/marine’s-family-sues-police-for-270m/

The Marine who was gunned down by a drunk BPD officer with a long record of abuse and misconduct may actually get some justice--if the courts do their job correctly.

Perhaps a $270 Million settlement is enough punishment to get BPD to change their ways, and clean up their department. Perhaps the courts will rule that they can't pay this settlement out with the tax dollars of the fine people of Baltimore, and will make them use their OWN freaking money this time...

Then again, BPD has already paid a total of $7.25 million to settle police misconduct suits since 2007--apparently when they are paying out settlements with OPM, they just don't learn the lesson...

When will it end, BPD?

When will you start acting like "peace officers" and stop acting like a "hostile occupying force"?

Claytron

I think this story was interesting.

Hopefully no rules were broken during the creation of this message.