• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boxer to Introduce Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011

Thundar

This law would be so unconstitutional. The 9th and 10th A issues are amazing here.

How is it that the senator thinks that the issuance of a state permit by a sovereign state is the business of the federal government?

nobama

Here is some common sense. Impeach the witch !!! but what do you expect from the likes of that bunch.

Carlos 10mm

That is akin to the current law in MA where it is next to impossible to get a CCW since you no longer have a right to carry -- it is a privilege granted by local LE.

Dreamer

And let us not forget that Barbara Boxer has--for years--held a California LTCCPROFWSC* for YEARS--jut like her gun-grabing friend, Diane Feinstein...

*License to Carry Concealed a Pistol, Revolver or Other Firearm Within the State of California--the permit's official name. (This has got to be the most lengthy, convoluted, and difficult to remember permit title in the nation--it's no wonder they don't issue them--99% of the citizens AND cops probably can't remember the correct name of the application to request...)

http://www.usacarry.com/california_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Last edited:

Superlite27

I would think this would be a wonderful new law.

After all, I'm sure they could amend this bill to include "shall issue" for all states. She wouldn't have a problem with that since we would have "minimum standards" across state lines.

Heck, they might as well throw in a rewording of the Thune Amendment as well, right?

After all, since all states would then meet "minimum standards", the anti's would have no reason not to agree that all states permits would be valid in every other state. They would have the exact same "minimum standards".

BTW: Since self defense is a pre-existing right, it would make sense that the "minimum standard" would be any American citizen in good standing.

If they include "shall issue" and make the permits valid nationwide...I'm all for it.

Beretta92FSLady

After all, I'm sure they could amend this bill to include "shall issue" for all states. She wouldn't have a problem with that since we would have "minimum standards" across state lines.

After all, since all states would then meet "minimum standards", the anti's would have no reason not to agree that all states permits would be valid in every other state. They would have the exact same "minimum standards".

If they include "shall issue" and make the permits valid nationwide...I'm all for it.

Oh dear, are you saying that you are for the Federal Government telling the states what to do? What is this world coming too:uhoh:

KansasMustang

Heck, they might as well throw in a rewording of the Thune Amendment as well, right?

BTW: Since self defense is a pre-existing right, it would make sense that the "minimum standard" would be any American citizen in good standing.

I'm not gonna do the OMG thing,,oh hell I just did. Okay, Oh MY God, you can't be serious? This bill just in it's thought pattern is so anti 9th and 10th Amendment. It may heve the desired affect of "Shall Issue" but it also gives the feds the power to mandate to the states.

Thundar

Barbara Boxer - Grandmother of the Constitutional Carry Movement

Although I see absolutely no chance of this bill being constitutional, it might do more good than harm.

How many states will simply eliminate the permitting requirement rather than submit to Washinton DC mandates? You know, that unintended consequences thing. Barbara Boxer the Grandmother of the Constitutional Carry movement.

billv

If you are able to invoke your constitutional right to vote, then you should be able to invoke your 2A right to keep and bear arms.

I just wish the people that elected her would see the light and vote her out of office. At the rate they are going, the light they see may be the muzzle flash when they are standing in line at the firing squad.

I think her knee jerked too hard in response to the Arizona incident and hit her in the head. She should see a Doctor about that.

aadvark

This would yet again be another Example of Federal Involvement is States' Rights, and if Incorporated under Federal Law, would yet be an additional Example as to why Chapter 44 of Part 1 of Title 18 of Federal Law is UnConstitutional in Light of The Ninth Amendment to The United States Constitution and The Tenth Amendment of The United States Constitution.

This would surely be Challenged in Federal Courts.

Furthermore, Boxers' Legislation would probably NOT gain any Attention in The Republican-Controlled House of Representatives.

The Problem with Federal Firearm Laws is that The United States of America has a wide Variety of People, Culture, and Traditions, in that, the Needs, Wants, and Interests of California DO NOT meet the Needs, Wants, and Interests of other Persons throughout The United States.

The State of California DOES NOT have The Answers to Firearm-Violence.

Last edited:

c45man

Babs the clown. How far is this proposal going to go.

40 states have either shall issue or don't require permits
Approx. 10 million permit holders, 1.2 million between Fl., and Pa.
Millions out of work, hundreds of thousands lost homes, congress has better things to debate than listening to the contrived agenda of a political hack from california, a state with a high crime rate and in bankrupcy......24 billion dollar deficit.... Nice work by the leftists that run than train wreck they call a state.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
And let us not forget that Barbara Boxer has--for years--held a California LTCCPROFWSC* for YEARS--jut like her gun-grabing friend, Diane Feinstein...

According to current records, Boxer has never acquired a license to carry from either the Marin County Sheriff's Office or the Riverside County Sheriff's Office.

eye95

According to current records, Boxer has never acquired a license to carry from either the Marin County Sheriff's Office or the Riverside County Sheriff's Office.

[strike]A knife[/strike] Facts??? You bring [strike]a knife[/strike] facts to a [strike]gun[/strike] message board fight?

W5DVC

Fortes fortuna juvat

This law would be so unconstitutional. The 9th and 10th A issues are amazing here.

How is it that the senator thinks that the issuance of a state permit by a sovereign state is the business of the federal government?

Over a thousand years ago , a ROMAN LEGIONERE admonished a recruit with these words

" SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM " IF YOU WOULD HAVE PEACE........." PREPARE FOR WAR "