• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boxer to Introduce Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011

Bebop

I see. So a Federal or state law that affirms your right to OC/CC is a joke?

I think you are forgetting their already is a federal law that affirms your right to OC/CC

US Constitution; Amendment 2; Ratified 12/15/1791
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

[U.S. Senatorial oath of office]

I guess Mrs. Boxer forgot her oath. But then again, so have most all other senators, representatives, and members of the executive branch. God forbid they step out of line and adhere to this antiquated rubbish.

Claytron

I began carrying when I was 16 and still do.I don't need the state or feds to affirm my right to defened myself or family.So yes it is a joke,grow a pair!

Is that what you would tell your family from the inside of a cell after you got sent to prison for not following the law? The law might suck but if you carry a full auto pistol or something in your pocket because you dont think anyone can tell you what to do and get caught with it, the government wont care one way or the other.

But on the inside, atleast you would have a pair! You would have to lease them out to Styrone in cell block 6 but technically they would be yours.

Bebop

Is that what you would tell your family from the inside of a cell after you got sent to prison for not following the law? The law might suck but if you carry a full auto pistol or something in your pocket because you dont think anyone can tell you what to do and get caught with it, the government wont care one way or the other.

But on the inside, atleast you would have a pair! You would have to lease them out to Styrone in cell block 6 but technically they would be yours.

At least they would still be alive and he could tell them something. I hope this never happens to you or anyone for that matter but to make the point. When you are burying your son, daughter, or wife do you want to stand over the grave and say; well I followed the law, the bastard who killed them wasn't but I was.

"Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an ally, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."

paul@paul-fisher.com

I would think this would be a wonderful new law.

After all, I'm sure they could amend this bill to include "shall issue" for all states. She wouldn't have a problem with that since we would have "minimum standards" across state lines.

Heck, they might as well throw in a rewording of the Thune Amendment as well, right?

After all, since all states would then meet "minimum standards", the anti's would have no reason not to agree that all states permits would be valid in every other state. They would have the exact same "minimum standards".

BTW: Since self defense is a pre-existing right, it would make sense that the "minimum standard" would be any American citizen in good standing.

If they include "shall issue" and make the permits valid nationwide...I'm all for it.

As long as the minimum standard is no permits and no training, I'm all in.

SouthernBoy

Full auto pistol, eh. Not many of those floating around nowadays.

Beretta92FSLady

I think you are forgetting their already is a federal law that affirms your right to OC/CC

US Constitution; Amendment 2; Ratified 12/15/1791
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I am not forgetting anything. As I said: A Federal....law that affirms your right (fundamental right) to CC/OC is a joke?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
If you see the words common-sense attached to anything the government does, it immediately tells you they are up to something stupid, bad, or both.

Otherwise they wouldn't try to sneakily convince you by using the words common-sense. Whenever they put a selling point in the name, you can bet they are up to something.

KansasMustang

It was already said but a "full auto pistol"? Only one I know of is I believe a Beretta 92SF I think that's the model. I think what we have in Mr. Claytron is a full fledged transplant that knows mostly nothing about weapons and just stirs up trouble. As when i called him out the last time. Methinks he protesteth too much. A bill that declares Government mandates is unconstitutional,,,,period

SouthernBoy

Glock 18 9mm full auto

Yep, that's the baby I had in mind. It is a switchable handgun from semi-auto to full auto. Try to find one for sale. If you do, it ain't gonna be cheap.

Years ago, I was at a range behind a gun store and a fellow on one of the lanes was firing a handgun in full auto mode. I do not know what he had but it was the first and only time I have ever seen a full auto pistol in operation.

Bebop

I am not forgetting anything. As I said: A Federal....law that affirms your right (fundamental right) to CC/OC is a joke?

When you end your statement with a question mark it makes me think that you feel that a Federal law is a good idea. If you are referring to the 2A as a Federal law, I wouldn't call it a Federal law.

Claytron

Full auto pistol, eh. Not many of those floating around nowadays.

Nope not many at all, and in the end someone could legally go through the process of getting one just so he could use it in a crime, and at the same time you could have someone carrying it because they are skilled with it and feel its their best chance at defending themselves.... in that situation its the GOOD guy getting what... up to 10 years in prison for having an unregistered fully automatic weapon?

The point is that the laws are the laws. If you decide not to follow them just because you want to be a cowboy, then you might have to deal with the consequences. Am i talking about someone defending their family unlawfully somehow and then going to prison? No, im talking about someone who just scoffs at the rules and ends up breaking them and hurting himself and his family in the process.