• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234's chances of passing

77zach

I've read multiple news stories about SB 234 that say it is all but guaranteed that it will pass. I know rick scott said he would sign it, and that it will probably be met with a 3-2 approval on the criminal justice committee, but what evidence is there that it will pass a vote in the full legislature? Does anyone have any info on this?

Evers, the sponsor, is the chair of criminal justice (where the bill is sitting). Senator Docker supports the bill because she responded to an email I sent her. Charlie Dean also sits on that committee, he's my senator and when I emailed him he said he'll "keep my comments in mind" which makes me nervous because he's a former sheriff and strikes me as a neoconservative type. As a former sheriff we know he's probably not acquainted/supportive of any amount of libertarianism, but is more of a traditional NRA type. I assume the other two member of the committee, two south florida democrat/fascists will not support it. The lady sponsored a "no texting while driving" bill this session so we know where she stands on liberty and common sense in general. The other guy is a black democrat from south florida. Enough said? So it will be 3-2 in favor or 2-3 against. It depends on Dean, I suppose.

Am I right in saying that this committee will decide if it advances/ gets approved with any amendments? I'm quite ignorant of the legislative process.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You sound like a kinder, gentler version of me. And by your location, it almost seems like someone is trying to make it look like I have a sock puppet. They even got the number right...

If you indeed are real, and do live where you say you do, I'd like to meet up. I'm landlocked and cannot attend the coastal OC events. Maybe we could think something up, as my ability to sort out the laws regarding Fishing in Freshwater, and a place it wouldn't be illegal to possess a firearm while doing so, is not getting far.

77zach

You sound like a kinder, gentler version of me. And by your location, it almost seems like someone is trying to make it look like I have a sock puppet. They even got the number right...

If you indeed are real, and do live where you say you do, I'd like to meet up. I'm landlocked and cannot attend the coastal OC events. Maybe we could think something up, as my ability to sort out the laws regarding Fishing in Freshwater, and a place it wouldn't be illegal to possess a firearm while doing so, is not getting far.

Hi ixtow. I suppose it depends on the definition of "north central florida". I'm just south of Ocala in marion county, so it's about 40 slow miles to the coast for me too. I'm 26 and the last time I touched a fishing pole was when my grandpa took me to lake george when I was 8, and he may have been holding it for me when I caught one so I don't think I'd be much help to you there. Around here, if you were to canoe down the silver river or hike there or walk around the national forest, it seems that OC would be legal.

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
Moving?

I'm going back to Plan A; move to a civilized, respectable State. Florida is crap.

G'day Ixtow, might i recommend Utah or Wyoming? Both states are beautiful for wilderness, mountains, desert, fishing, getting off of the grid and excercising your RIGHT to be left alone. Man I hope it is this year i move to Utah (Provo) initially but my long term goal is rural Wasatch County in Utah to buy a chunk of farmland or ranch land on, my second choice is Uinta County, Wyoming out side of Evanston.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
G'day Ixtow, might i recommend Utah or Wyoming? Both states are beautiful for wilderness, mountains, desert, fishing, getting off of the grid and excercising your RIGHT to be left alone. Man I hope it is this year i move to Utah (Provo) initially but my long term goal is rural Wasatch County in Utah to buy a chunk of farmland or ranch land on, my second choice is Uinta County, Wyoming out side of Evanston.

Li'l too cold for me, but you've got the right idea.

I'm looking at South Eastern AZ, South Western NM. Or if Texas Goes Gold, I already have land there.

OC isn't the only thing wrong with Florida. Green is a Band-Aid for only one of it's severe problems. Even with that Band-Aid; the People and the Government are way, way, WAY out of line. It's sad, I love the unpopulated areas, springs, rivers, ancient oak trees... But I just can't put up with the sociopathy that has become normalcy here...

Rick H

Git-R-Done Utah

I will be moving to West Jordan Utah just north of Provo, on June 10th of this year and for no other reason than just that "!!!!! wilderness, mountains, desert, fishing, getting off of the grid and excercising your RIGHT to be left alone".also hunting, panning for gold. I am counting the hours and days. Florida is a great place to visit but boy I sure would hate to live here lol I've been here for ten years and well that has been just tooooo long, time to go.

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
Places better than Florida to live

Li'l too cold for me, but you've got the right idea.

I'm looking at South Eastern AZ, South Western NM. Or if Texas Goes Gold, I already have land there.

OC isn't the only thing wrong with Florida. Green is a Band-Aid for only one of it's severe problems. Even with that Band-Aid; the People and the Government are way, way, WAY out of line. It's sad, I love the unpopulated areas, springs, rivers, ancient oak trees... But I just can't put up with the sociopathy that has become normalcy here...

Yes Ixtow they are also good choices, especially Texas and Arizona when it comes to having a better attitude toward liberty and freedom, and the climate, definately warmer. As for Utah, southern Utah around St George would have a warmer climate than where i want to go just out side of the (Salt Lake/Ogden/Provo) metro area. Man if you already have land in Texas then that's a blessing. Open Carry should be there soon and also Constitutional Carry.

I will be moving to West Jordan Utah just north of Provo, on June 10th of this year and for no other reason than just that "!!!!! wilderness, mountains, desert, fishing, getting off of the grid and excercising your RIGHT to be left alone".also hunting, panning for gold. I am counting the hours and days. Florida is a great place to visit but boy I sure would hate to live here lol I've been here for ten years and well that has been just tooooo long, time to go.

Rick H. I'm glad that you've made the plan to move to Utah, it really is a beautiful place and there are many places in Utah to get off of the grid.