• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Articles

Dreamer

The second article has incorrect info in it:

North Carolina:
— Requires a permit to buy a pistol and carry a weapon, including knives, concealed.

NC Concealed Handgun Permits ONLY apply to handguns, and DO NOT perit you to carry ANY other weapons, including knives, clubs, batons, etc concealed. The article is wrong. The exemption for carrying a concealed handgun SPECIFICALLY only allows handguns for CHP holders, and DOES NOT allow CC of other weapons:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-269.html

edrolee

the second is also misleading (like that's unusual for the press) it implies that there is no check for purchasing a rifle or shotgun

the article does specifically state that a person has to pass a NICS check to purchase a rifle and shotgun in AZ and then goes on to say that no permit is required to purchase a rifle or shotgun in NC, either purposefully or through incompetent leaves out the fact that a background check is required to purchase a rifle or shotgun in NC

Maverick9110e

Exactly. It seems to me that if the system they created worked properly then they wouldn't have as many issues. So instead of making up new useless gun regulations, why not try and make the ones you already have in place actually do what they are supposed to do.

J_Oliver

Exactly. It seems to me that if the system they created worked properly then they wouldn't have as many issues. So instead of making up new useless gun regulations, why not try and make the ones you already have in place actually do what they are supposed to do.

+1
The layering of hundreds of partially effective/non-effective laws, does not make up a working legal system. Make the existing laws better. The addition of more partially effective laws isn't gonna solve anything. More restrictive laws will come from sheeples scared of firearms, only to hinder the law abiding citizens from lawfully carrying.
You want someone that can create good firearm laws? Look to the people that carry every day and know the existing laws better than most LEO's. The very people that are likely the ass of the sheeple that are naive enough to think there is an LEO on every corner that can save them every time something happens.

Geez some people just get me worked up sometimes. Instead of looking at how a system failed and trying to make it better, they want to add more restrictions on top of an already failing concept. It just rubs me the wrong way.