Thread: Humorous Encounter Yesterday

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Humorous Encounter Yesterday

Went to get gas at Bakerview AM/PM and on my way in to pre-pay, I held the door open for another female customer to enter in at the same time.

As she passes me she exclaims "OH my God! That's not loaded is it?"

Off the top of my head I said "If someone were to attack you right now it wouldn't do either one of us any good not loaded would it?"

Her breaking into a huge smile, "So you would be my knight in shining armor?"

Me "If that is how you want to view it, I would do what I could to defend you"

Her "Awesome".

I think she may have been flirting after that but I was busy paying, getting gas, and moving on.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Went to get gas at Bakerview AM/PM and on my way in to pre-pay, I held the door open for another female customer to enter in at the same time.

Off the top of my head I said "If someone were to attack you right now it wouldn't do either one of us any good not loaded would it?"

Her "Awesome".

I think she may have been flirting after that but I was busy paying, getting gas, and moving on.
    "Knight in Shining Armor"? Was she younger than 70?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Or carrying a White Cane
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Or carrying a White Cane
    Either way, you did get her number right?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

She was wearing a gold necklace that said "COUGAR"

Pick ups

Hmmmmmm. Heard of using puppies, kids or even a buddies wedding band to pick up ladies, but never a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post
    Hmmmmmm. Heard of using puppies, kids or even a buddies wedding band to pick up ladies, but never a gun.
    Unless you read it on a Police Report.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

SVG, just off hand, your answer was the perfect one for her, it seems.

Amazing how quickly that encounter changed from one of her be startled, possibly concerned, to, er, appreciation of you having a loaded weapon.

Nicely turned!
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Thats a good one SVG.!

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Or carrying a White Cane
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Either way, you did get her number right?
    Did you tell her you had a $10 Walmart Prepaid Credit Card to buy Lunch! Since Ebay would not take it.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

Her "Awesome".

I have never thought about using OC to pick up chicks before

lol. way to chose your words right. one more person that has probably gotten used to the idea of people carrying guns.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    lol. way to chose your words right. one more person that has probably gotten used to the idea of people carrying guns.
    Not sure I would go that far based off of one encounter, but her alarm level will probably be less a notch or two next time she has one.

Nice line SVG, you certainly do need to know your audience when giving a reply in awkward situations like that, as I don't think that line would have worked quite so well with a young male. Too bad you didn't have an OC flier or card to give her.

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    Not sure I would go that far based off of one encounter, but her alarm level will probably be less a notch or two next time she has one.

Nice line SVG, you certainly do need to know your audience when giving a reply in awkward situations like that, as I don't think that line would have worked quite so well with a young male. Too bad you didn't have an OC flier or card to give her.
    I actually didn't find it too awkward it happened too fast to be awkward, I really didn't feel put off by her exclamation and her immediate change in demeanor helped.

Yea knowing audience helps though. When an "older" lady asks about my gun I usually say 'the better question is where is yours.' I have had several then ask how do they go about getting one or a permit....and all the other questions about how can they carry, what type should they get.

For the other comments:

And no she wasn't a cougar . In her late 20's I'd say. Long dark hair, nice mocha skin, a little too many tats for my taste.

And no metal I didn't get her number I don't think my wife would appreciate that .

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

You just went about your business and moved on? Opportunity wasted...
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Good on you SVG !
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    You just went about your business and moved on? Opportunity wasted...
    What opportunity? They were busy and although flattering I wasn't interested in the flirts. I was in a hurry too. And I don't think she was really interested, in a lengthy gun conversation at the moment.